Princess Cruises, with the help of fans on Facebook, has determined the five finalists that will compete for the cruise line’s first-ever title of Entertainer of the Year. Each of these performers will take to the stage on Princess’ Entertainer of the Year cruise – aboard Ruby Princess’ April 8, 2012 sailing to the Eastern Caribbean – where passengers will then cast their ballots to help bestow the honor.
The five finalists are:
• Beatlemaniacs – This mop-topped tribute band strives to create a concert experience “that touches people the way a two-minute Beatles song touched an entire generation in the 1960s.”
• Bert Stratton – This popular Crooners entertainer is a multitalented performer described as “reminiscent of a young Victor Borge with a dash of Jim Carrey.” Although usually found behind a piano, Stratton is also a singer and songwriter who has released five CDs.
• Carlos Oscar – Comedian Carlos Oscar has appeared on “The Tonight Show,” HBO, Showtime and Comedy Central. According to Bill Cosby, “Carlos is a comedy treasure…the only four letter words you'll hear from Carlos are debt, kids and help!"
• David Cats – An Italian illusionist, originally from Venice, Italy, Cats has performed across the globe, and was once selected as one of the 30 Best Young Illusionists in the World. His show is designed to present “incredible illusions, elegant humor and unbelievable sleight of hand.”
• Steve Moris – Entertaining with a unique blend of comedy and music, Moris has been described as “Funnier than Eric Clapton, better guitar player than Jay Leno.” He has also performed with acts such as the Beach Boys, Jan and Dean, and comedian Louis Anderson.
Passengers will be able to see live performances from each finalist during the Entertainer of the Year cruise, and cast their ballot for their favorite. The winner will be announced on the final night of the cruise at an onboard party.
“Passengers aboard this special cruise are in for an exceptional entertainment experience,” said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises executive vice president. “We appreciate all the enthusiastic feedback we’ve gotten from fans that helped to narrow our impressive list of several hundred entertainers down to these top five.”
Finalists were determined by the Princess Cruises Entertainment department based on passenger surveys, onboard audience response and fan feedback on Facebook.
The winner of the onboard competition will receive a cash prize and select onboard perks, and will hold the title of “2011 Entertainer of the Year.”