Carnival Cruise Lines has assembled a new all-in-one virtual “Travel Partner Toolbox” enabling travel partners to quickly and easily access trade support and sales-boosting resources via the line’s travel agent portal GoCCL.com.
Created as a direct result from travel partner feedback and with guidance from Carnival’s travel partner advisory committee, the toolbox is filled with sales tools, as well as a variety of new features including a travel partner rewards program, a centralized area for product updates, revised group deposit policies, new hard copy marketing materials and more.
“Over the last several months, we’ve met with thousands of travel partners and heard loud and clear that we needed better sales and marketing tools and easier access to existing tools while incorporating a little more fun into the overall sales process,” said Joni Rein, vice president of worldwide sales. “We took this feedback very seriously and worked closely with our travel partners and business development managers to create the Travel Agent Toolbox. Within it, we’ve re-organized many of the tools our partners use and created some fantastic new ones, too.”
The Travel Partner Toolbox features nine tool categories. New features for travel partners include:
• Rewards Program: Partners will now have the opportunity to earn and redeem points toward a variety of Carnival-branded gifts, gift cards, and Apple iPads. Points are earned by creating new bookings and servicing existing bookings on GoCCL.com, completing Carnival Cruise Lines University training, attending FAMs and ship visits and other resources.
• Product Updates: A centralized place for partners to easily find information on new ship details and features, itinerary changes and more. Also features brand new “interactive itineraries” where partners may click on a Carnival departure point and find out more details regarding sailings from that port.
• Marketing Tools: After a soft-launch earlier in the year, Carnival is officially rolling out its “Cruise Party in a Box” kit filled with everything partners need for hosting an at-home selling party. Travel partners will also be pleased to find two new hard-copy tools: FUN-damentals, a tri-fold marketing piece filled with information on ships, destinations and itineraries; and FUN-Decks, a unique new deck plan tool. Additional resources, including BizBuilder, e-brochures and marketing videos, are located within this tool.
• Great Group Deposit News: Based on feedback from travel partners, Carnival is changing its group deposit policy of $25 per person from 30 to 60 days after blocking space for most itineraries. For large groups, the line is simplifying the terms of deposit regardless of ship, cruise length or itinerary. In addition, Carnival is introducing new penalty guidelines if a large group modification is made before 240 days prior to sailing, an added convenience for travel partners and their clients.
• It’s All About You: Carnival has created a dedicated “Trade Engagement Team,” which provides a customized experience for partners by providing specific tips on how to grow their business and answers general sales questions through inbound calls and emails.