Michelin Star chefs Michael Mina and Tom Aikens are among an impressive roster set to share their specialties aboard two Wine & Food Experiences of Discovery Crystal cruises this fall. Aboard the back-to-back Mediterranean voyages, foodies can sate their palates with cuisine and demos from the chefs, savor the nuances of wine pairings with guest sommeliers and wine experts and learn the art of the perfect cocktail from guest mixologists. The 12-day, star-studded sailings depart September 5 and 17 on award-winning Crystal Serenity.
Wine and food highlights include:
September 5, Istanbul to Barcelona
* Michael Mina – Founder of the Mina Group, with 11 concept restaurants including two-Michelin-Starred Michael Mina in San Francisco;
* Chris L’Hommedieu – Chef de Cuisine at Michael Mina in San Francisco;
* Aglaia Kremezi – Writer and publisher of Greek and Mediterranean cookbooks;
* Victoria Ordonez – Her family is Spain’s largest wine wholesaler and exporter to the U.S.;
* Tony Abou-Ganim – Master mixologist and mastermind behind Crystal’s cocktail program.
September 17, Barcelona to Venice
* Tom Aikens – Youngest British chef ever awarded two Michelin Stars; owner of Tom Aikens Restaurant in the U.K., named eighth best restaurant in the world;
* Gerhard Retter – Renowned wine & cheese sommelier at 2-3-star Michelin restaurants worldwide;
* Francesco La Franconi – Co-founder of the U.S. Bartenders Guild (Nevada); National Director of Mixology & Spirits for Southern Wine & Spirits.
Calling in cities throughout Italy, Greece, Turkey, Spain, Monaco and France, the voyages feature tasteful experiences ashore, from exclusive private tours and tastings at a farm and wine cellar in Sorrento to a classic Spanish tapas feast in Barcelona.
“Wine and food are integral to the culture of the Mediterranean, and a great way to immerse oneself in these spectacular destinations,” says Toni Neumeister, vice president, food and beverage.
Double occupancy two-for-one cruise fares start at $5,940 per person, and include $1,000 per person ‘All Inclusive – As You Wish’ shipboard credits and complimentary air transportation from more than 20 North American gateways – Business Class air for Penthouse guests.
Guests can extend their culinary vacation and save up to 10% by combining the two voyages.