Regent Seven Seas Cruises (RSSC) today announced details of the 2010 World Cruise of its flagship, the 700-guest all-suite, all-balcony Seven Seas Voyager. This dramatic global circumnavigation will be the line's tenth World Cruise.
"We are happy to announce this ultimate travel experience," said Mark Conroy, president of RSSC. "This is truly the best way to see the world - from the luxury of a medium-sized ship sailing in the company of just hundreds of fellow world travelers. We are very proud to be offering our tenth World Cruise and to be at the forefront of luxury world cruising. Our 2010 World Cruise will visit a whole new area of the world for us and be more inclusive than ever," he added.
The 119-night World Cruise departs San Diego on January 14, 2010, after a special gala event on the evening of January 13 featuring an exclusive performance for full World Cruise guests by America's favorite TV comic Jay Leno and rock'n roll icons The Beach Boys.
The cruise can be purchased as a four-month odyssey, or in five shorter segments (or in combinations thereof), as follows:
• January 14-February 6: 23 nights from San Diego to Sydney, Australia, crossing the Pacific Ocean to the Marquesas Islands, Samoa, Fiji, and New Caledonia
• February 6-25: 19 nights from Sydney to Singapore, visiting Eastern and Northern Australia, and Komodo, Bali and Semarang in Indonesia
• February 25-March 11: 14 nights from Singapore to Hong Kong, visiting Brunei, the Philippines, and Shanghai and Xiamen in China
• March 11-April 15: 35 nights from Hong Kong to Cape Town, visiting Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, across the Indian Ocean to the Maldives, the Seychelles, Kenya, Zanzibar, and Richards Bay and Durban in South Africa
• April 15-May 12: 28 nights from Cape Town to Fort Lauderdale, visiting Namibia and then, a whole new cruising area for RSSC - Benin, Togo, Ghana, the Gambia and Cape Verde Islands in West Africa, and across the Atlantic Ocean to Barbados, Antigua, Tortola and the Turks and Caicos
Guests wishing to truly circumnavigate the globe can purchase a 16-night pre-World Cruise voyage through the Caribbean and Panama Canal departing December 28, 2009 from Fort Lauderdale to San Diego for a 135-night voyage, returning to Fort Lauderdale on May 12, 2010.
Guests who reside in North America purchasing the full World Cruise will receive an unprecedented array of complimentary benefits, including:
• NEW FOR 2010: Free unlimited shore excursions*
• First Class airfare
• 5% discount and one-category upgrade for past World Cruise guests
• Up to $2,000 Shipboard Credit
• Visas for US and Canadian citizens
• Luggage delivery service
• Commemorative gift
• Exclusive events such as a fashion show in Shanghai, a cocktail reception in Bangkok and a wine tasting in Cape Town
*Free shore excursions are capacity controlled on select tours. Supplement applies on certain tours.