Regent Seven Seas Cruises, voted the “#1 Small-Ship Cruise Line” in Condé Nast Traveler’s 2007 Readers’ Choice Awards poll, will offer a memory-making journey to the home of some of the world’s oldest civilizations and cultures during the Grand Asia Pacific Voyage, a 101-night journey featuring calls to 46 ports in 13 countries.
Sailing from Vancouver, B.C. on Sept. 10, 2008, guests aboard the 700-guest all-suite, all-balcony Seven Seas Mariner® will enjoy the utmost luxury on board as the ship follows the ‘Ring of Fire’ from Alaska across the International Dateline to visit some of the world’s most exotic destinations. The voyage is available as a single journey or in individual segments as follows:
· Vancouver, B.C. to Seward, Alaska (Sept. 10-18) – An eight-night voyage from Vancouver to Seward through Alaska’s breathtaking Inside Passage, calling at Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Sitka and cruising past inspiring Hubbard Glacier. Per-person fares start at $4,295 and include complimentary Economy Class air, or a $500 air credit.
· Seward to Osaka (Sept. 18 – Oct. 3) – A 14-night journey across the Bering Sea and International Dateline, including a call in Eastern Russia’s remote Kamchatka Peninsula. The voyage continues through the Kuril Islands archipelago and Sea of Okhotsk to an overnight call in Yokohama, Japan and a visit to Osaka. This segment features six full days at sea, an ideal opportunity for fans of “blue water” cruising to spend time enjoying the serene and relaxing onboard atmosphere, spacious balcony suites, outstanding cuisine and white-glove service featured aboard Seven Seas Mariner. Per-person fares start at $5,695.
· Osaka to Hong Kong (Oct. 3 – Oct. 18) – A 15-night cruise to Japan, South Korea and Eastern China travels the Yellow Sea, East China Sea and Formosa Strait and includes overnights in Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong as well as a visit to Nagasaki and call to historic Inchon, South Korea. Per-person fares start at $9,795, including complimentary Economy Class air or a $1,500 air credit.
· Hong Kong to Singapore (Oct. 18 – Nov. 2) – A 15-night sojourn begins with an overnight in Hong Kong before sailing to the Gulf of Tonkin for a week-long exploration of Eastern Vietnam, which includes overnight calls in Hong Gai (for Hanoi) and Ho Chi Minh City. In Thailand, guests will visit Ko Samui before sailing into Laem Chabang (for Bangkok) and finally to Singapore. Per-person fares begin at $9,495, including Economy Class air or a $1,500 air credit.
· Singapore to Sydney (Nov. 2 – Nov. 19) – A 17-night sailing featuring visits to the exotic Indonesian ports of Bali and Java, plus an overnight in Fremantle, Australia, home to quaint terraced houses, ornate historic buildings and sidewalk cafés. Guests next proceed to Adelaide, known for progressive urban vitality with easygoing Australian charm, followed by historic Albany and Melbourne, Australia’s fashion capital and second-largest city. Per-person fares start at $8,995, including Economy Class air or a $1,500 air credit.
· Sydney to Auckland (Nov. 19 – Dec. 2) – A 13-night voyage calling at Hobart before cruising the Tasman Sea to the stunning landscapes of New Zealand’s North and South Islands, made famous by Lord of the Rings. Ports of call include Lyttelton, a historic and charming city modeled in English style, and Napier, home to colorful vineyards and orchards and blessed by a sunny climate comparable to California and the Mediterranean. Fares start at $8,695 per person and include complimentary Economy Class air or a $1,500 air credit.
· Auckland to Los Angeles (Dec. 2 – 20) – A 19-night journey beginning with the Bay of Islands, New Zealand, the country’s finest maritime park with 144 islands, secluded bays and an abundance of marine life. The voyage continues on to lush French Polynesia, including the Marquesas Islands and beautiful Tahiti, followed by six days of peaceful Pacific sailing. In all, this segment features 12 full days at sea, providing “blue water” cruising fans ample opportunities to spend time enjoying the serene and relaxing onboard atmosphere, spacious balcony suites, outstanding cuisine and white-glove service. Seven Seas Mariner will return to Los Angeles on December 20, 2008. Per-person fares start at $5,595.
Fares and Special Savings
Per-person fares for the entire 101-night Grand Asia Pacific Voyage start at $42,595. Cruise fares include all shipboard gratuities; complimentary beverages, including select wines and spirits served throughout the ship; complimentary 24-hour room service; refrigerator replenished daily with soft drinks, beer and bottled water replenished daily; and an in-suite bar setup in Butler suites.
As with all Regent Grand Voyages, guests partaking in the entire 101-night voyage receive special savings and gifts, including complimentary First Class roundtrip airfare from 86 North American gateways, and per-suite shipboard credits of between $1,000 and $2,000. Guests sailing individual segments receive shipboard credits depending upon suite category. (Visit www.TheRegentExperience.com or contact a travel agent for details.)