Crystal Cruises returns to Alaska for the first time since 2005 with a single early season itinerary departing Yokohama April 16. The 22-day voyage also marks the first time Crystal Serenity has ever visited the Great Land, with calls at Dutch Harbor, Kodiak, Seward and Ketchikan. Crystal Adventures will highlight the region’s magnificent scenery and wildlife – taking guests zip lining through the Tongass National Forest, flightseeing above the Misty Fjords and yachting off Kodiak to view the region’s wildlife.
“Crystal has designed more than a dozen new Crystal Adventures that showcase Alaska’s greatest assets – its breathtaking landscape and indigenous wildlife,” said John Stoll, director, land programs.
New Alaska Crystal Adventures include:
* Ketchikan – Zip lining along a series of cables suspended between the tall spruce, hemlock and cedar tress bordering Tongass National Forest.
* Ketchikan – Flying above the spectacular Misty Fjords, spotting bears, timber wolves, seals, sea lions and whales en route.
* Kodiak – Exploring Abercrombie State Park with an expert naturalist pointing out the sounds of songbirds, eagles, puffins and gulls.
* Kodiak – Observing horned and tufted puffins, harbor seals, otter, sea lion and a variety of birds from a private yacht.
* Seward – Discovering preservation efforts of Alaska’s one-of-kind ecosystem at one of the region’s top research centers.
* Seward – Cruising across Resurrection Bay into the heart of Kenai Fjords National Park.
Guests will also be treated to generously expanded programming, which is totally unique to the World Cruise and its segments, including celebrity guest lecturers Richard Dreyfuss and Ed McMahon, as well as Crystal’s exclusive Interactive Literary Review and language and music classes offered by Berlitz and Yamaha, respectively.
The 22-day itinerary departs from Tokyo en route to Los Angeles, calling at Otaru, Japan; Petropavolovsk, Russia; Vancouver and Victoria, British Columbia; and San Francisco. The full 106-day “Pacific Circle Celebration” World Cruise departs Los Angeles on January 21 and is available in seven individual voyages ranging from 12 to 22 days. Cruise fares start at $11,160 per person, double occupancy.