MSC Cruises is partnering with Blend Craft Wines to bring exclusive wine-themed activities to guests on four upcoming Caribbean sailings of MSC Poesia.
"We are very excited to be able to bring the world of wines to our guests through these unique, fun and educational activities," said Richard E. Sasso, president and CEO of MSC Cruises (USA), Inc. “Blend Craft Wines creates a virtual winery at sea and adds yet another dimension to MSC Cruises’ already exceptional onboard experience.”
Blend Craft Wines will bring guests unique interactive onboard guest winemaking and other wine-themed experiences, including the following:
• Winemaker Experience: Guests create, bottle and label their own custom bottle of wine, with the option of creating up to a case of their wine to take home.
• Winemaker Dinner: Combining the Winemaker Experience with an interactive group dining event, guests make a minimum of two bottles of wine – one to take home and one to share in a blind tasting during the group dinner.
• Wine Tasting College: A specially designed series of individual 60-minute programs designed to educate guests on the world of wine.
• World Series of Wine: A re-creation of a famous 1976 European wine competition featured in the movie Bottle Shock, this event includes wine tasting and movie viewing.
Blend Craft recruits its onboard winemakers from Napa, California, where they have an average of 10+ years of wine industry experience including work as professional winemakers.
Blend Craft’s fee-based activities will be offered on the following MSC Poesia roundtrip sailings from Fort Lauderdale:
• Jan. 28, Feb. 11: 7-night Western Caribbean, calling at Key West, Florida; Cozumel, Mexico; Roatan, Roatan Island, Honduras; Montego Bay, Jamaica; rates begin at $499
• Feb. 4, 18: 7-night Eastern Caribbean, calling at St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Nassau, Bahamas; rates begin at $499 for Feb. 4 and $429 for Feb. 18.
Rates are cruise-only, per person, double occupancy; government fees and taxes are additional.