Variety Cruises will debut its Arabian Journeys itinerary collection in November 2012 for fantastic explorations of the Arabian Gulf and Omani Coast. The one-way, seven-night cruise will embark from Abu Dhabi or Muscat aboard the new Variety Voyager mega yacht (launching spring 2012) from November 2012 to April 2013. Fares begin from $2,790 per person, per week, based on double occupancy.
On each day of Variety Cruises’ Arabian Journeys, travelers step off the ship into a new port of call. Coastal stops along the Musandam Peninsula showcase the area’s almost mystical natural wonders. Inland, cruisers can encounter ancient forts and citadels, along with the rich traditions of the Omani nation. The one-way cruise embarks from Abu Dhabi or Muscat.
• Day 1: Embarkation from Abu Dhabi after 3:00pm. Lecture on Khasab and the Musandam Peninsula
• Day 2: Arrival at Khasab. Passengers choose from two tour options.
• Day 3: Optional tour with a traditional Omani dhow sailing. Visit Telegraph and Seebi islands.
• Day 4: Passing by Kumjar and East Coast of Musandam Peninsula.
• Day 5: Arrival at Sohar. Optional full day excursion. Drive to Nakhal. Rejoin ship in Sawadi Sands islands.
• Day 6: BBQ lunch in a nearby island. Afternoon sailing to Muscat.
• Day 7: Drive excursion of Fanja and Nizwa. Optional ½ day tour of Muscat.
• Day 8: Disembarkation in Muscat.
• Embarkations from Muscat is the reverse schedule.
Fares for the Arabian Journeys cruise include accommodations in double or twin cabins with private bathrooms and air conditioning; American buffet breakfast and two main meals daily; use of fishing equipment (subject to availability); coffee, water or tea; and an English speaking cruise escort. Port charges are an additional $290 per person.