Windstar Cruises, which operates a three-ship fleet of luxury yachts that explore hidden harbors and secluded coves of the world’s most treasured destinations, offers great value with 2-for-1 fares on select winter Costa Rica and Panama Canal voyages on new bookings made now through August 14, 2010.
Exotic Costa Rica Sailings on 148-guest Wind Star
Seven-day sailings on Wind Star feature Costa Rica’s lush jungles, pristine beaches and abundant wildlife. Cruises depart from Puerto Caldera and visit San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua as well as a variety of ports in Costa Rica: Playas del Coco, Quepos, Bahía Drake, Curu and Tortuga Island. The selected departures offering special 2-for-1 fares include:
• January 8, 2011 Sailing: 2-for-1 sale fare from $1,575 (brochure fare $3,149) per person, double occupancy;
• January 15, 2011 Sailing: 2-for-1 sale fare from $1,675 (brochure fare $3,349) per person, double occupancy;
• February 5; February 12; February 19; March 5; March 12; March 19; and March 26, 2011 Sailings: 2-for-1 sale fare from $1,775 (brochure fare $3,549) per person, double occupancy.
Wind Star offers a 7-day holiday cruise roundtrip from Puerto Caldera departing December 19, 2010. The ship is decorated with beautiful holiday decorations including trees, wreathes, garlands and lights. A holiday menu is specially prepared by the ship’s executive chef featuring roasted turkey and traditional accompaniments in addition to other culinary delights. Special sale fares from $1,699 (brochure fare $3,549) per person, double occupancy
Wind Star’s New Year’s 7-day sailing departs December 26, 2010, from Puerto Caldera. During the sailing, a festive New Year’s Eve party complete with party favors, live music, official countdown by the captain and champagne toast is conducted. Special sale fares from $1,699 (brochure fare $3,649) per person, double occupancy.
Wind Star’s Panama Canal Voyage
The 15-day Panama Canal voyage on Wind Star departs St. Martin on December 4, 2010, and cruises to Puerto Caldera featuring a transit of the legendary Panama Canal. Ports of call include: St. Barts, F.W.I.; Tortola, B.V.I.; Virgin Gorda, B.V.I.; Willemstad, Curacao; Oranjestad, Aruba; Isla De Coiba, Panama; Quepos, Costa Rica; and Tortuga Island, Costa Rica. Special 2-for-1 fares from $3,575 (brochure fare $7,149) per person, double occupancy.
Costa Rica and Panama Canal Shore Excursions
To complement these sailings, Windstar’s Shore Excursion program features 28 adventures encompassing sea explorations, snorkeling, cultural and historical experiences, as well as walking and hiking journeys that can be purchased online at www.windstarcruises.com.
New Shore Excursions for Costa Rica and Panama Canal Sailings include:
• Whale Watching Excursion in Bahía Drake, Costa Rica: Cruise with a naturalist on a whale watching vessel in Drake Bay on the Osa Peninsula where whales, dolphins, sea turtles swim in clear blue tropical waters;
• Palo Verde by Boat in Playa del Coco, Costa Rica: Cruise on a river boat through one of Costa Rica’s most celebrated national parks to view wildlife such as peccaries, armadillos, monkeys, jaguarondis and crocodiles;
• Brimstone Fortress and Colonial Plantation in Basseterre, St. Kitts: Comprehensive exploration of St. Kitts highlighting island architecture, squares, monuments, Brimstone Hill Fortress and Colonial Plantation House;
• Savegre River Float Adventure in Quepos, Costa Rica: Enjoy landscapes, scenery and wildlife during a river float on the Rio Savegre, one of Central America’s most beautiful rivers;
• The Best of Colonial Granada in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua: Enjoy a colorful horse drawn carriage ride through 500 years of history in colonial Granada before a relaxing boat excursion on Lake Nicaragua and visit to the Convent of San Francisco to view ancient stone idols and pre-Columbian sculptures;
• Mighty Masaya Volcano in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua: Guided tour of the Masaya Volcano where plumes of steam billow endlessly from fumaroles;
• Eco-Lodge Sojourn in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua: Experience an authentic experience with nature during a day visit to Morgan’s Rock Hacienda & Eco-Lodge which includes a refreshing swim at a private beach;
• Royal Dolphin Swim in Roadtown, Tortola: Swim with a dolphin in a natural lagoon setting at Prospect Reef Resort.
Windstar’s special 2-for-1 Costa Rica and Panama Canal fares are not combinable with any other promotions/programs. 2-for-1 fares are per person, double occupancy, based on a 50 percent discount off brochure fares as published in the 2010/2011Windstar Cruises Sailing Atlas and the 2011/2012 Windstar Cruises Sailing Atlas. Rates shown are for Category B staterooms on Wind Star. Rates shown on www.windstarcruises.com already reflect 2-for-1 savings. Offer is combinable with one shipboard credit, upgrade or package offer. Taxes additional. Offer is capacity controlled and may be withdrawn or modified at the discretion of Windstar. Offer is valid on new bookings made now through August 14, 2010.