Silversea has announced an exciting new itinerary for 2011, providing discerning travellers with the unique opportunity to circumnavigate Australia on one bespoke voyage for the first time ever.
The 30-day Sydney roundtrip, which sails from 19 January to 18 February 2011, will enable guests to visit a diverse range of destinations, from great State capitals and paradise islands to remote regions which are only accessible by Silversea’s intimate vessel, Silver Shadow.
Departing from the vibrant city of Sydney, Silver Shadow will sail counter-clockwise around the vast island continent with calls in Brisbane, Whitsunday Islands, Willis Island (Great Barrier Reef), Port Douglas, Cooktown, Darwin, Broome, Exmouth, Perth, Albany, Port Lincoln, Adelaide, Geelong, Melbourne and Hobart.
Trudy Redfern, Silversea Managing Director, UK & Ireland said “Silversea prides itself on offering exclusive voyages to the world’s most desirable destinations. With its exceptional range of experiences and landscapes, Australia offers our sophisticated guests the diversity they yearn for, a long-haul adventure of a life time”.
Rodney Harrex, Regional General UK/Europe, Tourism Australia said “Tourism Australia is delighted that Silversea has decided to bring its world-renowned luxury cruise offering to Australian shores”. He added, “Cruising in Australia for an extended period will give the cruising community the opportunity to truly immerse themselves in the country, meet our friendly locals and enjoy uniquely Aussie experiences. We encourage this move by Silversea and look forward to welcoming Silversea’s guests at ports around Australia”.
Throughout the voyage, guests will have the chance to:
• Discover the abundant marine life and deserted white sand beaches at the Great Barrier Reef
• Explore the oldest tropical rainforest in the world at Port Douglas
• Celebrate Australia Day in historic Cooktown, the first British settlement in Australia
• Soak up the culture in the dynamic cities of Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Darwin and be charmed by quaint coastal villages such as the pearling town of Broome
• Indulge in mouth watering regional cuisine throughout the journey and visit artisan wine and cheese makers in the Barossa Valley, South Australia
• Learn about Ancient Aboriginal culture
• Be amazed by outstanding natural wonders such as the pristine wilderness of Kangaroo Island
• Enjoy unique encounters with native wildlife including koalas, emus, wombats and wallabies and visit the beautiful island state of Tasmania
In addition, the Silver Shore Concierge is on hand to organise exclusive shore excursions for guests seeking travel adventures that go beyond the ordinary, from interesting twists on popular attractions to off the beaten track adventures. Several overnight land excursions are also available to those wishing to immerse themselves in remote areas such as the Outback.
Onboard, Silver Shadow guests will benefit from Silversea’s all-inclusive experience which comprises of exceptional gourmet cuisine courtesy of Relais & Châteaux, fine wines and spirits and world-class entertainment. Guests choose when and where they wish to dine and how they spend their days, whether it’s participating in a shore excursion, soaking up the sun by the pool or indulging in a luxurious spa treatment. At the end of each day, guests can return to their sumptuous ocean-view suite which comes complete with a private teak veranda and the services of a professional butler.
Cruise-only fares for this 30-day, all-inclusive cruise (#3102) start from £11,282 based on two people sharing a Vista Suite. The price includes port charges, government fees and taxes.