What does a $25 million makeover get you? Swarovski Crystal chandeliers, cashmere throws, sunken Philippe Stark Duravit Jacuzzi bathtubs, chic new pool deck furniture, works by famed Venetian artists, service islands with top-of-the-line pizza ovens and woks, and dozens more upscale and behind-the-scenes embellishments. So encompasses the striking results of award-winning Crystal Symphony’s extensive drydock in October. Following the makeover, the vessel boasts completely transformed Crystal Penthouses, Lido Café and pool areas, elegantly redesigned Penthouses and Prego Italian restaurant, and dozens of behind-the-scenes improvements.
“We strive to offer a luxury vacation experience that continues to impress and delight our guests,” says Thomas Mazloum, Crystals Cruises’ senior vice president of hotel operations. “Crystal Symphony’s recent enhancements reinforce Crystal’s commitment to delivering a product that consistently earns the industry’s highest praises for its stylish spaces and activities, as well as our service.”
New touches on Crystal Symphony include:
* Crystal Penthouses – The 982-square-foot suites were remodeled top to bottom, with expanded living space, state-of-the-art audio-visual system, and floor-to-ceiling dining room windows. Ocean view bathrooms offer large Philippe Stark bathtubs, glass mosaic tiles and recessed televisions.
* Penthouses – The butler-serviced suites were redesigned in two new color schemes, featuring new custom cabinetry, plush bedding, flat-screen televisions and lavish bathroom accoutrements.
* Lido Café – The breakfast and lunch venue sports a refined yet modern motif, with abundant natural light, and colors and details inspired by the Hampton seashore. New food and drink service islands showcase fresh cuisine and add intimate seating and improve flow.
* Seahorse and Neptune Pool Decks – The outdoor spots feature crisp white deck furniture accented with citrus-hued cushions and throw pillows for added al fresco dining and conversational seating. With its retractable roof and brand new teak decking, the mid-ship Neptune Pool was replaced with additional plush seating and extra-large Jacuzzi hot tub.
* Prego – The Venetian-designed Italian restaurant, showcasing cuisine by Piero Selvaggio, has a vividly modern design, with rich color palettes (think chocolate suede walls and red wine-colored upholstery) and warm, dramatic lighting.
* Staterooms – All staterooms were refreshed with smart leather sofas, replacing armchairs.
* Broadcast Center – State-of-the-art overhaul improves programming quality and options.