Louis Cruises is pleased to unveil exciting new cruise programs for the 2014 season. Having launched an exclusive new cruise product in 2013 reflective of its Hellenic roots, the company is nearly doubling the number of ports it calls at for 2014 with the introduction of nine new destinations including: Samos, Milos, Syros, Kos, Ios, Symi, Chios, Cesme and Bodrum.
Louis Cruises’ 2014 itineraries will sail, not only to the world-renown, popular favorites of Mykonos, Patmos, Rhodes, Heraklion (Crete) , Santorini, Istanbul, and Kusadasi, but also to the lesser-known gems exclusively presented by Louis Cruises.
These captivating 2014 Mediterranean cruise programs will be performed onboard Louis Rhea and Louis Olympia and will offer passengers Louis Cruises’ signature “Kalimera” experience – which translates to a ‘good day’ experience all day and night both onboard as well as on shore. Comfortable, welcoming and with a distinct Hellenic ambiance, these two cruise ships will embrace travelers with the lifestyles and experiences of Greece, the Greek isles and Turkey.
“From our delicious cuisine, featuring flavors from local destinations, to the human-scale intimacy of our vessels and the warm-hearted hospitality of our entire crew… from the unique destinations we present to the unparalleled shore excursions that take you to explore each place authentically… Louis Cruises presents our signature ‘Kalimera’ experience – meaning you’ll enjoy a splendidly ‘good day’ all day and night…every day throughout your cruise in the Eastern Mediterranean,” said Nicholas Filippidis, Louis Cruises’ Director of Product Development in North America.
Named after the Goddess of fertility, comfort and ease, Queen of heaven, and mother of Zeus, Louis Rhea will be opening the 2014 season on March 14, 2014 with the classic 3- and 4-day cruises from Piraeus up until April 18, 2014 when the Louis Olympia will set sail. Beginning April 18, the Louis Rhea will be operating a special 7-day cruise titled “Pilgrimage Voyage”, an itinerary that will be repeated on October 31, 2014. On April 25, 2014, another special sailing will be performed by the Louis Rhea titled “3 Continents.” Throughout May, June, September and October, the Louis Rhea will be performing the classic and popular 7-day “Iconic Aegean” itinerary from the port of Lavrion, Athens which is as follows:
• 7-day Iconic Aegean: from May 2, 2014 until June 27, 2014 and from September 5, 2014 until October 24, 2014 (all dates included) calling at Istanbul, Kusadasi, Santorini, Aghios Nikolaos/Crete, Rhodes, Symi, Chios, Mykonos and Lavrion
Every Friday during July and August, Louis Cruises introduces brand new itineraries titled Idyllic Aegean. More specifically, the Louis Rhea will offer the following itineraries:
• 3-day cruise: from July 4, 2014 until August 29, 2014 (both dates included) calling at Mykonos, Kusadasi, Samos, Milos and Lavrion
• 4-day cruise: from July 7, 2014 until September 1, 2014 (both dates included) calling at Syros, Cesme, Bodrum, Kos, Ios, Santorini and Piraeus
These two outstanding itineraries can be combined into a unique 7-day cruise for those who would like to visit all the aforementioned destinations, since no destination is repeated. Specifically, the 7-day itinerary is as follows:
• 7-day cruise: from July 4, 2014 until August 29, 2014, calling at Mykonos, Kusadasi, Samos, Milos, Lavrion, Syros, Cesme, Bodrum, Kos, Ios, Santorini and Piraeus
Named after the famous ancient sanctuary and birthplace of the Olympic Games, as well as after Queen Olympia, mother of Alexander the Great, the Louis Olympia will take over sailings from the Louis Rhea and operate the 3- and 4-day “Iconic Aegean” itineraries from April 18 and 21 respectively. The “Iconic Aegean” itineraries are as follows:
• 3-day Iconic Aegean: from March 14, 2014 until October 24, 2014 (both dates included) calling at Mykonos, Kusadasi, Patmos, Heraklion/Crete, Santorini and Piraeus
• 4-day Iconic Aegean: from March 17, 2014 until October 27, 2014 (both dates included) calling at Mykonos, Kusadasi, Patmos, Heraklion/Crete, Santorini and Piraeus