Windstar Cruises announced its 2014 European voyages including four brand new itineraries, are now open for sale.
The collection includes 15 unique voyages with nine new ports of call sailing through Italy and Malta; captivating stops along the Adriatic; breathtaking cities along Europe’s west coast; enchanting islands of Greece and the Amalfi Coast, as well as the previously announced French Polynesia cruises, which are offered from March to November 2014.
“We continue to offer our guests an opportunity to explore the hidden coves, renowned ports, and legendary landmarks of the world that others can’t reach,” said Hans Birkholz, Windstar Cruises’ chief executive officer. “Our four new itineraries highlight that commitment, giving our guests an authentic perspective of each place they journey to.”
The four all new voyages include:
Sail around the Isle of Sicily and discover wonders from the ruins of Pompeii and Capri’s Blue Grotto to baroque marvels and the breathtaking beauty of the Amalfi Coast while on board the Wind Surf on this 10-day sailing round-trip from Rome, Italy departing October 29, 2014. This new voyage visits five new ports including Catania, Porto Empedocle, and Trapani, Italy; and Valletta and Gozo, Malta; as well as Lipari, Sorrento, and Capri, Italy and also spends one romantic night at sea. Highlights include: the ancient city of Syracuse in Catania; historic tapestries and armor in Valletta’s Palace of the Grand Masters; and some of the world’s best-preserved Greek ruins at the Valley of the Temples in Porto Empedocle.
Gems of the Adriatic
View the stunning Greek Isles, the Ionian Islands, and the Croatian Riviera as only privileged yachtsmen see them on this eight-day voyage on board Wind Surf departing from Venice, Italy on October 5, 2014 and Athens, Greece on October 13, 2014. This Odyssey across the Adriatic includes three new ports of call including Butrint, Albania; Brindisi, Italy; and Hvar, Croatia; as well as visits to Gythion, Greece; and Dubrovnik and Rovinj, Croatia along with one relaxing day at sea. Iconic sights await including the Parthenon; St. Mark’s in Venice; and the richly layered history of Butrint; as well as breathtaking sunsets, relaxing moments in seaside tavernas, and mesmerizing views of Wind Surf from hilltop fortresses.
Best of Europe’s West Coast
From the soulful strains of fado to a stout Irish Guinness, Galicia’s famed seafood to the granite castles of Brittany, this eight-day voyage on board Wind Surf is full of fascinating discoveries. The cruise departs from Lisbon, Portugal on July 4, 2014 or from Dublin, Ireland on September 4, 2014 and visits Porto, Portugal; Vigo, and A Coruna, Spain; Brest, France; Isle of Scilly, Cornwall, England; and Waterford, Ireland. Highlights include: Lisbon’s ancient Belem Tower; more than 3,000 prehistoric standing stones of Carnac in Brest; the extraordinary Abbey Gardens on the Isles of Scilly; the world’s largest collection of Waterford Crystal, and the beautiful Bay of Biscay with its large population of whales, dolphins, and porpoises.
Dreams of Tahiti
Windstar Cruises returns to the world’s definition of paradise as Wind Sprit, the line’s newly renovated 148-passenger sailing yacht, sails seven-day voyages from the capital city of Papeete, Tahiti beginning May 2, 2014 with stops through the Society Islands of Moorea, Tahaa, Raiatea, Hauhine, and Bora Bora. A graceful sailing yacht is the perfect way to experience the true wonder of Tahiti. Dreams of Tahiti cruises sail from May 2 to November 7, 2014.
Wind Surf and Wind Star will also sail many favorites throughout the season including:
• Gaelic Explorers: From the castles of Edinburgh to the pubs of Dublin, journey through hills and highlands, idyllic islands and lyrical landscapes on this eight-day voyage, which now offers the new picturesque port of Portree, Scotland to its itinerary.
• Splendors of Southern Spain: Costa Blanca, Costa Brava, and Costa del Sol - discover Spain’s coastal jewels on this eight-day cruise departing from either Lisbon or Barcelona.
• Glitter & Glam of the Rivieras: Sparkling cities and charming villages to secluded harbors and immaculate beaches are all found along the famed Riviera on this seven-day voyage departing from either Barcelona or Rome.
• Classic Italy & Dalmatian Coast: Discover the magic of Venice, the grandeur of Rome and the captivating island of Capri as well as sailing the privileged waters of the Ionian Sea with visits to the breathtaking fjords of Montenegro and the sundrenched shores of Croatia on this eight-day cruise departing from Rome or Venice.
• Yachting the Riviera: From the tiny villages of Cinque Terre to the chic style of Monaco, the sails of Windstar explore the legendary ports of the world’s most privileged sailing yachts on this seven-day voyage departing from Rome or Nice.
• Scandinavian Tapestry: The 11-day voyage includes the stunning beauty of Norway’s fjords, as well as sparking Scandinavian capital cities and charming villages in the region’s heartland.
• Best of the Baltic: Witness the convergence of Baltic history, traditional culture, and modern architecture capped by two nights in St. Petersburg on this eight-day cruise from Stockholm.
• Islands of the West Med: This collection of the Mediterranean features the beautiful islands of Elba, Corsica, Sardinia, and Mallorca framed by the vibrant cities of Barcelona and Rome.
• Enchanting Greece & the Amalfi Coast: This seven-day cruise explores the idyllic islands, charming cobbled villages, spectacular scenery, and intriguing history of the heart of the Mediterranean.
• Greek Isles & Turkish Delights: Explore the hidden delight of the Greek Isles, the Turkish coasts, and the greatest icons of civilization on this seven-day signature voyage.
• Casablanca & the Canary Islands: From the magic of Morocco to the tropical serenity of the Canary Islands, this voyage is a perfect blend of indulgences.
In addition, voyages for the newly acquired yacht, formerly Seabourn Pride, will be announced in the coming months. Pride will be the first ship of the three-ship purchase announced earlier this year to enter into Windstar’s luxury fleet in April of 2014. Following a Windstar branded renovation, which will give the ship a new name and casually elegant look, the Pride with set sail a month later in May 2014.
New 2014 Voyage Collection Brochure
Windstar Cruises unveils its expanded, 116-page 2014 Voyage Collection brochure which features 23 exciting sailing itineraries and details Windstar’s yachting experience.