Princess Cruises opened its 2014 Europe cruise season for sale today, including the debut of the new Regal Princess which will set sail on its inaugural cruise in June from Venice. In total, five ships – including the line’s two newest vessels – will sail on a variety of cruise itineraries throughout the Mediterranean and Northern Europe.
A sister ship to the upcoming Royal Princess, Regal Princess, will debut on June 2, 2014 with a seven-day inaugural voyage from Venice to Barcelona – including calls in Kotor (Montenegro), Rome, Florence/Pisa, and Toulon (France, for Provence). The ship will then sail on a 10-day Mediterranean & Aegean cruise, followed by a season of Princess’ signature Grand Mediterranean cruises, with two itinerary choices.
Other highlights of the season include Royal Princess sailing on the line’s popular Scandinavia & Russia cruises, featuring two days in the dramatic city of St. Petersburg; more sailings than ever before to the British Isles aboard Ruby Princess and Ocean Princess; and a variety of seven-day Interlude sailings in the Mediterranean aboard the intimate Ocean Princess.
“With Regal Princess’ debut we will have our two newest and largest vessels sailing on our most popular routes in Europe,” said Jan Swartz, Princess Cruises executive vice president.
“Throughout the season, whether passengers want to explore the diverse cultures and expansive history of the Mediterranean, visit the favorite ports of the Baltic Sea on a Scandinavia and Russia voyage, or conveniently circle the British Isles, they can do so in an environment of a relaxing retreat aboard one of our ships.”
The 2014 Europe program features five ships sailing on 94 departures on 48 itineraries to more than 120 destinations:
• Regal Princess will debut with Princess’ signature 12-day Grand Mediterranean itinerary between Venice and Barcelona, with two itinerary options.
• Royal Princess will sail for the first time on the line’s popular 11-day Scandinavia & Russia cruises, featuring two days in St. Petersburg, Russia.
• Ruby Princess will be based in Southampton for 12-day British Isles cruises as well as one North Cape & Summer Solstice cruise.
• Emerald Princess will also be based in Southampton for sailings to the Mediterranean, Northern Europe, and the Canary Islands.
• Small ship Ocean Princess will feature cruises to both Northern Europe and the Mediterranean including eight-day British Isles cruises, a series of seven-day interlude sailings in the Mediterranean, and new Black Sea and Holy Land voyages, all of which can be combined for a longer voyage.
• Maiden calls for the season include Alta, Norway; Salerno, Italy; and Jersey, Channel Islands.