Crystal Cruises is kicking off 2013 with a younger clientele, shorter cruises, stronger 2013 bookings, a broader collection of cruise destinations and savings.
New Book Now fares, guaranteed only through February 28, 2013, offer up to $1500 off Asia, $1500 off Europe, $1600 off New England/Canada, $1700 off South America, $1000 off Holiday sailings, and more:
• Reduced Solo Travel Fares on 12 voyages in Asia, Mediterranean, Baltic and South America – as low as 110% for sole occupancy staterooms.
• Kids Sail Free on select July and August Western and Northern European cruises, in a third berth when sharing a stateroom with two adults.
“Booking early reaps great benefits – in savings, third berth capacity, airfares, etc.,” says Jack Anderson, senior vice president, marketing & sales. “When our last round of Book Now fares expired on December 28, we raised rates on 25 cruises in 2013 and seven in 2014. By the end of December, we had over 70% of our targeted revenue on the books for 2013. The word is out that these extraordinary fares for our ultra-luxury cruises are not guaranteed forever.”
Also significant, many more 2013 cruises are 10 days or less (almost half!), including a 250+% increase in shorter European cruises. Additionally, Crystal’s Fall 2012 series of short Getaways, are returning for 2013 with more options to more destinations.
• Crystal Getaways: As little as 5 days, 9 voyages in Asia, Australia/New Zealand, New England/Canada and Alaska start as low as $1,470 per person.
“More than 70% of our Getaways guests are new to Crystal and, on average, almost 10 years younger,” says Anderson. “Some are time-crunched professionals. Some are combining with land stays. All in all, they’ve been blending in well with guests on more extended cruise vacations and are raving about their Crystal experience.”
Also worth noting in 2013:
• More than 50% increase in shipboard overnight stays in port on embarkation days – to better enjoy the destination and ease the travel experience.
• 25% more port days than 2012.