Silversea Cruises today announced the promotion of three of its area sales directors. Kris Emery and Nancy Gonzales have been appointed regional sales directors for the eastern and western United States, respectively, and Kim Guimaraes has been named director of national accounts.
Emery and Gonzales will oversee a field sales team of area sales directors who share a deep passion for providing support and working closely with travel agents to help increase their luxury vacation business. Guimaraes will focus on strengthening relations with key agency accounts. All three report directly to Kristian C. Anderson, vice president of sales for North America.
"I'm very pleased to announce the promotions of these talented and dedicated individuals," said Anderson. "I'm confident these appointments will enable us to drive revenue growth in the U.S. and better serve the needs of our travel agent partners."
In related moves, the following area sales directors have expanded their territories:
• Cindy Litzie, responsible for the Southwest, including central California and Hawaii, has added southern California, Nevada, Utah and Arizona;
• Norma Spadola, who covers New England, has added New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland and Washington, D.C.;
• Maggie Moran-Holyn has added Ohio to her Midwest portfolio;
• Patterson Neville, responsible for the Southeast, has added West Virginia, Virginia and Kentucky;
• Karen Rich-Motis has added northern California to her territory in the Northwest, which includes Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Colorado;
• Betsy Burks has added Louisiana and Arkansas to her south-central territory, which includes Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas and New Mexico.
And John Wilson, supervisor of sales support, is on temporary assignment as acting area sales director for Florida.
Additionally, Silversea has added an inside team of cruise consultants for agency sales. They have responsibility for supporting the ongoing development of travel agencies nationwide. These individuals will work alongside a contingent of account executives assigned to support the field sales force and provide real-time, full-service support to travel agency partners.