With visits to 85 unique ports of call in 40 countries, Cunard Line’s 2014 World Voyage Program is sure to satisfy the most adventurous traveller with opportunities to explore South America, to circumnavigate Australia and to discover the excitement of Japan and Southeast Asia.
On sale 5 September, the program will feature three World Voyages ranging from eight to 133 days aboard Queen Mary 2, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth, with embarkation points in Southampton, England, New York, Fort Lauderdale and San Francisco, depending on the voyage.
Together, Cunard’s Queens will cover 116,808 nautical miles, taking in signature, must-see cities as well as less familiar, but equally compelling, destinations.
“For nearly a century, Cunard has served the adventure-seeking traveller with unrivaled access to the world’s most storied regions since the advent of our World Voyage Programme in 1922,” said Peter Shanks, president of Cunard Line. “Such an experience is heightened only by Cunard’s reputation in superior service and world-class amenities, and is why we see so many return guests year upon year.”
Queen Mary 2
Flagship Queen Mary 2 will celebrate her 10th anniversary season with an exciting 119-day World Voyage, commencing from Southampton and visiting 30 ports of call in 19 countries. Guests have the option to return to Southampton, or to New York via an iconic Queen Mary 2 Transatlantic Crossing.
Destination highlights will include Namibia and the spectacular sculpted dunes; Cape Town and beautiful Table Mountain; plus her second, full circumnavigation of Australia with calls in Cairns, Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne.
On her return route home from Sydney, guests will be treated to an impressive range of exciting Asian sights and cultures before transiting the Suez Canal and cruising the Mediterranean.
Overnight calls will include Cape Town, Hong Kong and Dubai.
Segment voyages provide guests the opportunity to enjoy Cunard’s distinctive World Voyage experience in a shorter time frame, ranging from 18 to 23 days and will include:
• 18-day Southampton to Cape Town – includes an overnight in Cape Town
• 22-day Cape Town to Sydney
• 23-day Roundtrip Sydney
• 19-day Sydney to Hong Kong – includes an overnight in Hong Kong
• 19-day Hong Kong to Dubai – includes an overnight in Dubai
• 18-day Dubai to Southampton
Guests can also enjoy outstanding value by combining two or more consecutive segments to create adventurous Liner Voyages.
Queen Victoria’s epic 116-day World Voyage will sail roundtrip from Southampton and visit 40 ports in 19 countries, including an extended trip around South America and a much-anticipated overnight call in San Francisco.
Guests can begin their journey in Southampton or Fort Lauderdale and experience everything from joyful samba displays in Rio and silent turquoise glaciers in Chile, to the mystery and legend of remote Pacific isles. Cape Horn, Amalia Glacier, Pio X Glacier, Easter Island, Pitcairn Island and breathtaking Milford Sound are just some of the voyage’s iconic and dazzling destinations. Other highlights will include seven calls in New Zealand and visits to American Samoa, Tonga and Hawaii.
Queen Victoria will make 10 maiden calls during this World Voyage: Fortaleza (Brazil), Rio de Janeiro, Montevideo (Uruguay), Buenos Aires, Puerto Madryn (Chile), Ushuaia (Argentina), Punta Arenas (Costa Rica), Puerto Montt (Chile), Moorea (French Polynesia) and Suva (Fiji).
Segment voyages range from 10 to 28 days and will include:
• 10-day Southampton to Fort Lauderdale
• 16-day Fort Lauderdale to Buenos Aires
• 12-day Buenos Aires to Valparaiso
• 23-day Valparaiso to Sydney
• 28-day Sydney to San Francisco – includes an overnight in San Francisco
• 15-day San Francisco to Fort Lauderdale
• 12-day Fort Lauderdale to Southampton
Queen Elizabeth will return to the World Voyage with an enthralling 118-day circumnavigation of the globe featuring embarkation points in Southampton, New York, Fort Lauderdale or San Francisco. The ship will visit 41 ports in 24 countries and feature a first-ever visit to Japan where she will make four maiden calls: Kochi, Yokohama, Kobe and Nagasaki. Additional highlights include a dramatic passage of the Panama Canal, the beauty of Hawaii and Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.
Overnight calls will include San Francisco, Sydney, Hong Kong, Singapore and Dubai. Additional maiden calls will include Busan (South Korea), Shanghai, Xiamen (China) and Abu Dhabi.
Segment voyages range from 8 to 23 days and will include:
• 8-day Southampton to New York
• 19-day New York to San Francisco – includes an overnight in San Francisco
• 23-day San Francisco to Sydney – includes an overnight in Sydney
• 15-day Sydney to Yokohama
• 19-day Yokohama to Singapore – includes overnights in Hong Kong and Singapore
• 14-day Singapore to Dubai – includes an overnight in Dubai
• 20-day Dubai to Southampton
Enhanced Benefits Program
Guests who book their 2014 World Voyage adventure before 28 February 2013 will receive an On Board Credit of up to $3,000 per stateroom – on Full World and Liner Voyages.
Guests who book a Full World Voyage will receive complimentary Hotel & Dining Charges (gratuities).
In addition to On Board Credit, World Club members will receive additional savings of up to $2000 per person. These World Club savings will combine with most other offers that are available to past guests, giving them peace of mind that booking early is advantageous.
New for 2014, guests may opt to increase overnight stays by three or four days in Santiago (Chile), Cape Town and Sydney, when booked in conjunction with select voyages. Featured land tours include:
Queen Mary 2
• Cape Town & Winelands (3 nights) – includes a fascinating visit to a penguin colony in Boulder’s Beach at the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve, as well as a stop at the house of J.C. Le Roux and the nearby university town of Stellenbosch. Adventurous guests may also climb Cape Town’s most celebrated landmark, Table Mountain, before embarking on a tour through the city.
This tour can be booked for Queen Mary 2’s arrival in Cape Town as a post-voyage tour from Southampton or can be enjoyed before departing Cape Town for Sydney or Brisbane.
• Chilean Gastronomic Delights (3 nights) – offers an introductory tour around Chile’s capital, Santiago, as well as excursions to Concha y Toro Winery and Casablanca Valley Vineyard & Valparaíso.
• Andes & Viña Del Mar (3 nights) – a scenic drive from the Central Valley of Santiago to the Andes (at 9,421 feet above sea level) is followed by a tour through the Casablanca Valley to the fashionable seaside resort of Viña del Mar and Valparaíso.
These tours can be booked for Queen Victoria’s arrival in Valparaiso as a post-voyage tour from Southampton or can be enjoyed before departing Valparaiso for Brisbane or Sydney.
• Sydney: Blue Mountains & Hunter Valley (4 nights) – begins with a morning tour of Sydney highlights, including the historic Rocks area, Mrs. Macquarie’s Chair, Kings Cross and Bondi Beach, in addition to the world famous Sydney Opera House; next on the tour is a visit to Featherdale Wildlife Park, the township of Katoomba in the World Heritage-listed Blue Mountains, and a 700-foot ride down the world's steepest funicular railway; the tour ends with a wine tasting in the beautiful Hunter Valley, one of Australia’s oldest and renowned wine regions.
This tour can be booked for Queen Elizabeth’s arrival in Sydney as a pre-voyage tour before departing for Yokohama, Hong Kong, Singapore or Southampton.