Royal Caribbean International continues to bring the cruise line’s most innovative features and popular venues first introduced on Oasis-class ships to its fleet with the revitalization of Grandeur of the Seas this month. The ship begins a five-week long, $48 million dry dock at the Navantia ship yard in Cadiz, Spain, where she will receive an array of new venues, jaw-dropping entertainment and exciting amenities for guests. Grandeur of the Seas is the third of six Vision-class ships to undergo extensive revitalization. The two previous were Rhapsody of the Seas, now sailing in Alaska waters, and Splendour of the Seas, offering itineraries in Brazil.
"This latest revitalizaton is part of our pursuit to continually raise the bar to deliver the best experience for our guests. Coupled with itineraries to exciting global destinations and friendly and engaging Gold Anchor Service from every staff and crew member, these virtually new ships will continue to deliver the Royal Advantage," said Lisa Bauer, senior vice president of Global Sales and Marketing, Royal Caribbean International. "With the completion of our fleet-wide revitalization and enhancement program, every ship will be our best ship."
The bow-to-stern revitalization of Grandeur of the Seas includes a host of new dining venues, technological upgrades and new entertainment offerings, as well as a refresh of all furniture, carpet, upholstery and staterooms.
Guests looking for a savory dining experience onboard Grandeur of the Seas will be in for a treat with an array of new dining venues including:
• Giovanni’s Table: An Italian trattoria featuring classic dishes served family style (open for lunch, $15 per guest, and dinner, $20 per guest)
• Izumi Asian Cuisine: Featuring mouthwatering flavors with hand rolled sushi, as well as hot-rock cooking, the pan-Asian cuisine restaurant is an authentic dining experience (open for lunch, $3.00 per guest, and dinner, $5.00 per guest plus a la carte menu pricing)
• Park Café: An outdoor gourmet market featuring customized salads, sandwiches, soups and pastries (open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, complimentary)
• Chops Grille: Royal Caribbean’s signature steakhouse, offering premium cuts and quality meats (open for dinner, $30 per guest)
• Chef’s Table: An exclusive and intimate event co-hosted by the Executive Chef and Sommelier for a five-course, wine-pairing fine dining experience (open for dinner, $95 per guest).
In addition, the ship will receive a new Diamond Lounge for Crown & Anchor Society loyalty guests, a Concierge Lounge for suite guests and top-tier loyalty guests, as well as a transformed Viking Crown Lounge that will feature a stunning new design, as well as a new menu featuring bite-size delectables.
The line’s youngest guests, children ages six to 36 months old, won’t be left out as the ship will feature a Royal Babies and Tots Nursery. The nursery offers parents childcare drop-off options in the daytime and evening, carefully maintaining an optimum staff to child ratio. Daily interactive free-time play also is offered for parents and children, encouraging them to bond while playing with a variety of Fisher-Price developmental toys in specially designed programs offered exclusively for Royal Caribbean.
For those guests looking to stay connected while onboard, Grandeur of the Seas will offer ship-wide Wi-Fi service. The ship also will feature an outdoor video screen overlooking the pool deck, as well as an award-winning digital, interactive way-finding system that was first introduced on Oasis of the Seas.
Like its sister ships, Grandeur of the Seas’ Centrum will be completely transformed into a chic and lively new space that will feature an array of daytime activities, as well as unique nighttime entertainment with a new high-flying experience where aerialists glide through the five-story atrium. The transformation continues with the ship’s original Champagne Bar reinvented as the R Bar, a retro bar that will feature signature cocktails and a savvy mixologist who will create elaborate cocktail concoctions for guests. Guests in the Centrum and R Bar should also be on the look out for surprise performances that will entertain and excite the senses throughout the day and evening.