The renovations are part of Windstar’s previously announced $18 million fleet refurbishment plan. The vision for the renovations is classic, stylish yacht luxury that dramatizes Windstar’s brand position of a “boutique yacht vacation” that is “180 Degrees from Ordinary.” Each yacht will receive new furniture, upholstery, art, lighting, wall coverings, carpeting, ceiling finishes, window treatments, and floor coverings. New furnishings will complete the look in keeping with the chic, private yacht scheme. The design palette combines sand and marine colors contrasting elegantly with the warmth of wood finishes, elevating the look and feel to stylish luxury at sea.
All three yachts will be completely refurbished by December 2012 starting with the Wind Star on April 29 as it begins its European season. Upgrades to the staterooms and suites are a special focus of the fleet refurbishment plan. Staterooms will be transformed with new leather headboards, stately arm chairs, linen wall coverings, new lighting features, elegant window coverings, plush wool carpeting, art work, stylish bed cushions, and luxurious bed throws. The owner’s suite on each yacht will be additionally outfitted with new furniture that is easily convertible to lounging, dining, or accommodating a third occupant.
This past December, as part of the refurbishment plan, Wind Surf’s accommodations and corridors were renovated. The yacht’s staterooms now feature leather headboards, stately arm chairs, linen wall coverings, new lighting features, elegant window coverings, plush wool carpeting, art work and stylish bed cushions. Suites were additionally outfitted with new furniture that converts easily to lounging, dining, or accommodating a third occupant. Corridors were completely renovated from floor to ceiling with new wall coverings, carpeting, ceiling finishes, lighting and art work. To see Wind Surf’s new look for accommodations and corridors, visit Windstar’s blog: http://blog.windstarcruises.com.
All public spaces on the Wind Star will also be renovated for the start of the 2012 European season including The Restaurant, Veranda, Lounge, Pool Bar, Library, and WindSpa.
· The Restaurant will receive a complete makeover to create the excitement and drama of an exclusive destination restaurant with luxurious neutral tones and curved design elements.
· The Veranda will be renewed with new lighting, fresh “market-style” buffet arrangements and reconfigured indoor/outdoor seating.
· The Lounge will be contemporized with new furniture, seating arrangements, window treatments and the addition of a piano bar, creating an ideal, welcoming space for evening entertainment.
· The Pool Bar will be redesigned to offer a more engaging and upscale social experience and to create additional alfresco seating for sunset dining at Candles Grill.
· The renovations to the Library space will create an intimate, luxurious cocoon for more contemplative pursuits.
· WindSpa will also receive an interior soft goods update, to reflect the sophistication and elegance of relaxing with spa treatments at sea.
Wind Spirit’s and Wind Surf’s public spaces will be refurbished in November 2012 before the start of their December Caribbean seasons with Wind Spirit receiving the same public space refurbishments as Wind Star. Wind Surf’s renovation encompasses the Lounge, The Restaurant, Degrees, Veranda, Compass Rose, WindSpa, Yacht Club and Pool Bar.
· In the Lounge, wall-to-wall carpeting will be replaced with hard flooring accented with inset rugs, a contemporary mix of furniture, lighter color palette and improved sound insulation around the casino.
· The Restaurant will be completed with a new seating layout, all new soft goods, and state-of-the art wine display and storage.
· Degrees Restaurant will be transformed into a Mediterranean bistro, anchored by a central wine bar for counter dining as well as an inviting area to relax before and after dinner. Wine tastings and cooking demonstrations will also be conducted here.
· The Veranda’s outdoor seating will be significantly expanded, creating an ideal mid-ship area for enjoying breakfast and lunch alfresco. The interior will include a new buffet, new lighting, and epicurean style display counters.
· The Compass Rose will be reconfigured to open up expansively to the adjoining outdoor deck, and its interior completely renovated to reflect the sophisticated elegance of a private club.
· The Pool Bar will sport new awnings for additional shade, new deck furniture, and improved outdoor dining layout for Candles Grill.