The newest P&O Cruises ship and the largest ever in the fleet to embark upon a world cruise will depart in spring 2013. The maiden Azura Grand Odyssey is 110 nights and takes in 32 ports in 19 countries.
The cruise is one of a wide selection in the 2013 World Cruise brochure, which also includes itineraries on board Arcadia, Aurora and Adonia – the latest and smallest ship to have been added to the fleet. At just 710 passengers, Adonia sits at the opposite end of the scale to Azura, which can carry 3,100 passengers.
This is the largest ever P&O Cruises world programme, with the four ships visiting 94 destinations in 52 different countries and collectively covering 131,824 nautical miles. The four ships represent a 23% increase in world cruise capacity compared to 2012.
A video news release highlighting the popularity and growth of world cruises is available on the P&O Cruises YouTube channel and Facebook page. It can be downloaded for hosting on independent sites from www.youtube.com/pandocruises. Cruises managing director, Carol Marlow, said: “P&O Cruises knows ocean travel like no other. With every passing year more passengers are attracted to our world cruises, seeing a world cruise as the perfect opportunity to travel the world in comfort and style, choosing a luxury cabin and unlimited luggage over youth hostels and a backpack.
”In 2013 we are offering a selection of awe inspiring adventures, with cruises on some very special ships. These are the ultimate cruises, exploring different parts of the world and providing the holiday of a lifetime always with the ‘P&Oness for which we are renowned.”
The world cruise programme offers the best ever value with Early Booking savings and free on board spending money, which increases per person depending on the grade of cabin booked, available for bookings made before November 30, 2011. In addition, an extra 10% discount is available for bookings made by August 31, 2011.
Passengers booking the 110 night Azura Grand Odyssey before August 31, 2011, will receive Early Booking savings of between £800 to £2,000 per person, plus the additional 10% discount, and free on board spending money of between £220 to £1,100 per person (an inside cabin compared with a suite).
In addition to the four full world cruises, 18 line voyages are available on Aurora, Arcadia and Azura. The line voyages go to or from Australia and New Zealand and range from 40 to 69 nights in duration.
Prices are from £3,059 (cruise only) for a 41 night Southampton to Perth (from Fremantle) cruise on Azura, including Early Booking savings of £300 and free on board spending money of £90 per person. The cruise calls in Barcelona, Athens (from Piraeus), Cairo / Giza (from Port Said), transit Suez Canal, Safaga, Dubai, Mumbai, Colombo, Langkawi, Bangkok (from Laem Chabang), Singapore, Bali and Perth (from Fremantle).
Holiday Package Add-ons including flights, transfers and overnight hotel stays where necessary, are available for purchase from £600 per person for the above Southampton to Perth (from Fremantle) package on Azura. Alternatively prices are ‘cruise only’ so that passengers can arrange their own flights and pre or post cruise holiday extensions.
Pre and post cruise city stays are offered in Auckland, Perth, Sydney and Brisbane, priced from £79 per person per night (SkyCity Hotel, Auckland).
The 2013 World Cruise brochure also offers two ‘Boomerang’ cruises – offering a circumnavigation of the globe on two different ships (sail out on one, return with a different) with extended free time in Sydney. The first Boomerang cruise sails from Southampton on Aurora and returns on Azura, after three or four nights in Sydney.
The second Boomerang cruise sails from Southampton on Azura and returns on Arcadia, after two or three nights Sydney.
The Azura Grand Odyssey departs on January 7, 2013, highlights are:
• 110 nights
• 32 destinations in 19 countries
• 36,999 nautical miles
• Cruises via the Middle East, India, Australia, the Far East and South Africa
• Highlight ports of call include Bangkok, Singapore, Bali, Melbourne, Sydney, Kuala Lumpur, Mauritius and Cape Town
• Extended two day calls in Dubai, Singapore (two separate calls), Sydney, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Cape Town
• Prices for the 110 night Grand Odyssey are from £8,099 after Early Booking savings plus 10% discount, and includes £220 free on board spending money
“Azura’s maiden world cruise visits many ports of call for the first time – including those in Australia – the home of her Godmother, prima ballerina Darcey Bussell. Her maiden call into Sydney will be celebrated in true P&O Cruises style when we hope to reunite Darcey with her ship for the first time since performing her Godmother duties in April 2010,” continued Marlow.
“This is a classic itinerary featuring some of the most exciting and cultural destinations around the world. The ship itself takes inspiration from around the globe, with an Indian fine dining restaurant, Sindhu, Italian inspired casual restaurants Verona and Venezia, and wines from all over the world selected and served by the glass in The Glass House wine bar.
“These features combined with her variety of bars, restaurants, dance floors, spa, gym, shops, theatre and library make Azura the perfect ship for travelling the world and many of our passengers will be excited to hear that she will be offering her maiden world cruise so soon after entering service.”
The smallest ship in the fleet, Adonia, has her second world cruise in 2013, an 85 night port-rich exploration of South America. Departing on January 8, 2013, highlights are:
• 85 nights
• 35 destinations in 17 countries
• 22,802 nautical miles
• Highlight ports of call include Manaus, Salvador, Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Coquimbo (Chile) and Lima
• Cruises through the Beagle Channel and the Panama Canal
• Sails by Cape Horn, Amalia Glacier and PIO X Glacier
• Return sail to UK via the Caribbean, calling at smaller islands not visited by other ships in the fleet, St. Barts and Virgin Gorda
• Prices for the 85 night South American Odyssey are from £7,649 after Early Booking savings plus 10% discount, and includes £200 free on board spending money
The Aurora World Circumnavigation departs on January 7, 2013, highlights are:
• 106 nights
• 39 destinations in 25 countries
• 37,243 nautical miles
• Cruises via the Caribbean, North America, New Zealand and Australia, Japan, China, India and the Middle East
• Highlight ports of call include San Francisco, Honolulu, Bora Bora, Auckland, Wellington, Sydney, Osaka, Xingang, Shanghai, Ko Samui, Mumbai, Safaga and Haifa
• Includes new port of call, Sokhna in Egypt
• Transits the Panama Canal and Suez Canal and features extended two day calls in San Francisco, Hong Kong and Dubai
• Prices for the 107 night World Circumnavigation are from £8,549 after Early Booking savings plus 10% discount, and includes £220 free on board spending money
The Arcadia South America and Pacific Adventure departs on January 5, 2013, highlights are:
• 99 nights
• 32 destinations in 20 countries
• 34,780 nautical miles
• Highlight ports of call include Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Papeete, Bora Bora, Suva, Sydney, Auckland, Pago Pago, Honolulu and San Francisco
• Sails by Cape Horn, Amalia Glacier, PIO X Glacier, Easter Island and Pitcairn Island
• Cruises through the Beagle Channel, Milford Sound and Panama Canal
• Prices for the 99 night South America and Pacific Adventure are from £8,099 after Early Booking savings plus 10% discount, and includes £200 free on board spending money