Celebrity Cruises will build on the highly successful “Solsticizing” of Celebrity Constellation when it Solsticizes Celebrity Infinity, Celebrity Summit and Celebrity Millennium in just five short months beginning this November.
“Solsticizing” is the term Celebrity coined for its more than $120-million initiative to complement its Millennium Class quartet’s design and ambience with some of the most popular attributes found on its widely heralded Solstice Class ships.
Illustrative of its ongoing commitment to offer an unparalleled vacation experience, highlights of the Solsticizing effort include the addition of AquaClass, Celebrity’s soothing, spa-inspired veranda-category accommodations, paired with the chic, Mediterranean-themed specialty restaurant, Blu, offered exclusively for AquaClass guests; the “uniquely unordinary” Qsine specialty restaurant, and the hip “Celebrity iLounge.”
“This is an incredibly exciting initiative for us – and more importantly, for our guests, as indicated by their response to our already-Solsticized Celebrity Constellation, whose ratings are consistently through the roof,” said Celebrity’s President & CEO Dan Hanrahan. “The Millennium Class ships already have a large and loyal following, having repeatedly ranked at the top of many of the world’s most prestigious consumer surveys. Their style, design and ambience served as significant inspiration for the design of the Solstice Class, and now, we’re bringing it full circle – and in just two years’ time – incorporating on the entire Millennium Class what our guests enjoy most on the Solstice Class. It ties the whole fleet together in a very powerful way.”
One of the many Solstice Class features resonating powerfully with vacationers – and therefore being added to Celebrity Infinity, Celebrity Summit and Celebrity Millennium – is Celebrity’s trendsetting AquaClass, spectacularly designed to enhance that all-important feeling of truly being away. The modern, luxurious, spa-inspired staterooms include spacious, private verandas; exclusive access to the stylish specialty restaurant, Blu; complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room in the AquaSpa; a personal Spa Concierge to book exotic AquaSpa treatments; use of plush Frette bathrobes and slippers; enhanced personal care products, and plentiful in-room amenities, including Hansgrohe shower heads, fog-free bathroom mirrors, aromatherapy selections, and daily deliveries of complimentary bottled water and teas.
Another Celebrity exclusive – “Qsine,” the novel restaurant introduced on Celebrity Eclipse last year, and set to debut on Celebrity Infinity and Celebrity Summit following each ship’s revitalization in December 2011 and January 2012, respectively – will be presented on Celebrity Millennium, too. The first restaurant at sea to present a menu and wine list on an iPadTM, Qsine serves a blend of classic and contemporary dishes in custom-made serveware, such as spring rolls served in vertical springs, and popcorn shrimp in theater-style popcorn boxes. Celebrity’s VP of Culinary Operations and Master Chef Jacques Van Staden, says the restaurant and menu were designed to take what guests expect of a specialty restaurant and “turn it upside down” in a captivating, entertaining and flavorful way.
Joining AquaClass, Blu and Qsine in the “Solsticizing” of Celebrity Millennium will be:
• the hip Celebrity iLounge, which debuted on Celebrity Eclipse and made Celebrity Cruises the industry’s first Authorized Apple Reseller
• the “cool,” ice-topped Martini Bar and Crush
• Cebrity’s vibrant creperie, Bistro on Five
• the inviting Café al Bacio and Gelateria
• Cellarmasters wine bar, complete with the “Enomatic” state-of-the-art wine serving system
• entirely new verandas added to the ship’s spacious, luxurious Celebrity Suites
• additional new oceanview and inside staterooms
• an expanded collection of original, contemporary art
• As previously announced, Celebrity Infinity will emerge from Solsticizing December 3, 2011, followed by Celebrity Summit in January 2012, and now, the line has formalized the same plans for Celebrity Millennium from April 21-May 12, 2012. Each will be Solsticized at Grand Bahama Shipyard in Freeport, Bahamas.