From rock to blues and swing to surf, the L.A. Waterfront will begin buzzing with live music next week when the Port of Los Angeles kicks off its first summer outdoor concert series. The Thursday evening concerts will take place at the landmark Gateway Plaza Fanfare Fountain, located at Harbor Boulevard and Swinford Street just south of the Vincent Thomas Bridge and across from the Harbor Blvd. exit off the 110 Freeway in San Pedro. The free series starts on Thursday, June 23rd with Rumble King, a high-energy original swing band.
Residents are encouraged to bring a chair and relax – or dance – around the Fanfare Fountain as a different band performs each Thursday evening from 7 to 9 p.m. Concerts will not be held on San Pedro “First Thursdays” on July 7, August 4 and September 1. Free parking is available at Harbor Boulevard and Swinford Street.
The 2011 Summer Concert series line-up includes:
- June 23 – Rumble King (original swing, upbeat)
- June 30 – Identity Crisis (classic rock)
- July 14 – CUPPAJOE (acoustic quartet)
- July 21 – 3rd Degree (blues)
- July 28 – Daddyos (surf)
- August 11 – L-360 Band (two-man variety)
- August 18 – Smokin’ Cobras (50s through 80s hits)
- August 25 – One Ten South (rockabilly)
- September 8 – Jamnesia (dance)