Variety Cruises is announcing the launch of its Turquoise Coast & Islands of the Eastern Aegean cruise aboard its newest vessel, the Halis Temel motoryacht. Exploring the coast of Turkey and Greek islands of the Aegean, the Turquoise Coast, the cruise will sail August – November 2010 and April – November 2011. An introductory offer allows travelers to book a second person for 25% off, based on double occupancy or solo travelers may book with no single supplement fee. Regular fares begin at $1,350 per person in 2010 and $1,490 in 2011.
Variety Cruises’ round-trip Turquoise Coast & Islands of the Eastern Aegean program sails eight days along the Turquoise Coast of Turkey and the Greek Islands of the Eastern Aegean. Departing from Marmaris, Turkey, the cruises’ itinerary includes Patmos, the ancient Island of St John's exile; Rhodes, one of the best preserved medieval settlements in Europe; and Bodrum, site of the Mausoleum, included in the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World.
• DAY 1: Marmaris, Turkey. Embarkation to the quaint port of Symi.
• DAY 2: Patmos, Greece. Optional excursions to the Grotto and Monastery of St. John, and medieval town of Chora.
• DAY 3: Kusadasi, Turkey. The bustling port is a gateway to the Ephessus, showcasing Ancient Greek and Roman culture.
• DAY 4: Didim, Turkey. Home of the antique city of Didyma, Oracle Shrine of Apollo and the Ancient city of Miletus.
• DAY 5: Bodrum, Turkey. Known in the Antiquity as Halicarnassus, the capital city of Caria Kingdom.
• DAY 6: Rhodes, Greece. The city famous for its amazing fortified Old City. Optional excursion to fishing village Lindos and Acropolis.
• DAY 7: Fetiye, Turkey. Called Telmessos in ancient times, rich and highly cultured during the Hellenistic and Roman periods.
• DAY 8: Marmaris, Turkey. Disembarkation.
Cruise fares are per person per week and include:
• Accommodation in double or twin cabins with private bathroom and air conditioning
• Full board American buffet breakfast and two meals daily, including a Welcome Cocktail, a Turkish Night, fun BBQ (weather permitting) and Captain’s Dinner.
• Coffee, tea and mineral water.
• Use of fishing and snorkeling equipment (subject to availability).
• Multilingual cruise escort.
Halis Temel motor yacht, the latest addition to the Variety Cruises fleet, hosts up to 24 guests in 12 cabins for an intimate atmosphere. The elegant wooden hull vessel was built in Bodrum, Turkey and measures at 41 meters. It features a restaurant with glass-enclosed show kitchen, intimate bar, indoor lounge, ocean-view dining, sun deck with bar, large Jacuzzi and lounge chairs, Internet station and library. Open areas along the yacht allow for sunbathing, relaxation, and panoramic views of the sea. Private charters are also available.