MSC Cruises updated its cruise program for the 2010/11 season to Canada/New England and the Caribbean with plans to bring MSC Poesia back to the U.S.
According to Richard E. Sasso, president and chief-executive-officer for MSC Cruises (USA), Inc., "MSC Poesia's return to the U.S. for the 2010/11 cruise season will be welcome news to guests who have given the ship rave reviews on her Mediterranean sailings and will bring one of the newest of our Musica Class ships back to America for an encore season."
MSC Poesia departs Kiel, Germany on Sept. 4, 2010 on an 18-night transatlantic journey to New York City. She will call at Copenhagen, Denmark; Southampton, England; Le Havre, France; Vigo, Spain; Lisbon, Portugal; Ponta Delgada, Azores/Portugal; King's Wharf, Bermuda; and makes her inaugural arrival in New York City on Sept. 21, 2010 with an overnight in NYC.
The ship will then will make history with the introduction of MSC Cruises' first series of Canada/New England fall foliage cruises:
• A 10-night roundtrip, departing from New York City on Sept. 22 and calling in Sydney, Charlottetown, Quebec, Halifax and Newport
• A 7-night sailing from New York City to Quebec, departing Oct. 2 and calling in Halifax, Charlottetown and Corner Brook
• A return 7-night cruise from Quebec to New York City, departing Oct. 9 and calling in Sydney, Bar Harbor, Boston and Newport
• A second 7-night cruise from New York City to Quebec, departing Oct. 16 and calling in Halifax, Sydney and Charlottetown
• A 9-night voyage from Quebec to Fort Lauderdale, departing Oct. 23. and calling in Sydney, Boston, Newport, and New York City.
These itineraries can be combined for a total of up to 15 cruises ranging from 6 to 28 nights making them ideal for those interested in a more robust cruise experience. Upon her arrival in Fort Lauderdale, MSC Poesia will begin a second winter season of Caribbean sailings from Port Everglades.