Delivering the very best in overall guest experiences is the central motivator behind the design of Royal Caribbean International’s newest ship, Oasis of the Seas. When she debuts in December 2009, the most cutting-edge amenities and activities ever seen at sea will be complemented with a variety of retail venues – 13 stores, including open-air shopping that cover more than 10,000 square feet. With many products exclusive to Oasis, the shopping experience will be one of a kind in terms of both the items offered and the setting on the largest and most revolutionary cruise ship in the world. Guests of all ages and styles will find their retail therapy of choice in outlets that range from children and teen-favored shops to jewelry and duty-free stores for adults.
Not only will Oasis of the Seas provide the broadest selection of boutiques and shops industry wide, but several international brands also will be making their debut. Perhaps the most eagerly awaited store onboard will be Coach. Located in the Central Park neighborhood, the iconic maker of luxury leather goods will unveil its first dedicated store at sea. Custom built to the brand’s standards, the Coach store will showcase the signature line of beautifully crafted designer handbags, leather goods, sunglasses and scarves. Among the recognizable jewelry and clothing designers establishing a presence at sea for the first time are Breitling, watches that are instruments for professionals, and Italian jewelry designer Pianegonda, as well as apparel companies including Lucky Brand, Eileen Fisher, DC Apparel and Forest & Fauna, makers of 100% organic t-shirts and garments. Oasis of the Seas also will carry a number of brands never before seen in the Royal Caribbean fleet, including elegant jewelry from Roberto Coin, Charriol and Yvel, as well as offer long-time favorites, such as cosmetics by iconic brands Chanel and Christian Dior, among many others.
The next generation of cruise enthusiasts will have their choice of stores throughout the Boardwalk neighborhood to satisfy anything from clothing and gadget needs to a sugar fix. Star Pier will be an interactive, hybrid shop touting an electronics wall adorned in the latest technology, tween and teen apparel by Roxy, Quiksilver and DC Apparel, as well as a DJ station and Nintendo Wii game area making it a truly innovative shopping experience. Younger cruisers will be drawn to Pinwheels featuring everything from clothes and toys by kid-favored brands, such as Crayola, to impromptu playtime in the store’s dedicated area equipped with LEGO stations and a number of other popular games. Candy Beach will be the ultimate boardwalk candy store, offering more than 72 varieties to mix and match into a customized candy grab bag, as well as vintage candy treats from the ’50s, ’60s and ’70s.
“We are consistently pushing the envelope with the retail selection offered on our cruise ships, and with Oasis of the Seas we sought out to fully transform the shopping experience at sea by introducing new brands and new concepts,” said Lisa Bauer, senior vice president, Hotel Operations, Royal Caribbean International. “We've been fortunate to gain the support of a number of iconic brands that are eager to be part of the Oasis experience and are pleased that we can deliver upon guest feedback to offer more shopping opportunities onboard.”
Following is an overview of the new shopping options guests can take advantage of while onboard Oasis of the Seas:
· Coach – Located in the Central Park neighborhood, Coach is one of the most exciting additions to the retail lineup on Oasis of the Seas. Coach will debut its largest location at sea with an assortment of chic handbags and accessories, allowing shoppers to appreciate the variety, detail and quality of the Coach offering while getting an overview of the company’s lifestyle approach. To celebrate the grand opening, Coach will offer a special gift with purchase – an exclusive leather luggage tag in luxe parchment, embossed with the iconic horse and carriage logo in gold.
The Royal Promenade
· Prince & Greene –With a trendy fashion boutique vibe, Prince & Green offers urban apparel and accessories for men and women alike, all with an electric urban edge. Labels include Betsey Johnson, Calypso and Kenneth Cole for women and Fred Perry, Ed Hardy, Marc Jacobs and Ben Sherman for men.
· Regalia – Regalia is one of Oasis’ most opulent boutiques. Home to some of the most iconic names in fine jewelry and timepieces, Regalia brands include Tag Heuer, Roberto Coin, Pianegonda, Olivia and more.
· Solera – Oasis of the Seas is home to two duty-free stores along The Royal Promenade, with Solera existing as the official go-to retail store for guests’ cosmetics, skincare and fragrance needs. Featured brands include Chanel, Dior, La Prairie, Lancôme, Shiseido, as well as cutting-edge “doctor-brand” regimens.
· Willow– In contrast to the high-fashion finds at Prince & Green, Willow features casual sportswear for guests, ideally suited to the cruising lifestyle. Natural linen and organic clothing options for men and women are offered, as well as brands including Eileen Fisher, JMP, and Forest & Fauna. Willow also will offer products from the World of Good line whose proceeds benefit non-profit organizations around the world, as well as socially responsible artisans. The store also will feature ethnically sourced gifts and products that are supported by the World of Good organization.
· Candy Beach – A boardwalk isn’t complete without a candy shop. And Candy Beach is the ultimate candy store, offering more than 72 varieties of candy for mixing and matching. Vintage candy treats from the ’50s, ’60s, and ’70s are also available.
· Carousel Cart – The hand-carved carousel onboard Oasis is undoubtedly one of the most unique features on the ship. After paying the carousel a visit, guests can browse the selection of apparel, accessories and souvenirs that celebrate this nostalgic pastime and popular Oasis attraction.
· Pinwheels – Younger cruisers can head to Pinwheels to find a range of clothing and accessories for children of all ages. Kid-favored brands such as Crayola as well as Royal Caribbean merchandise in tyke sizes are all offered. Pinwheels also hosts a play area equipped with LEGO stations and a number of other popular games for children.
· Star Pier – Star Pier is a hybrid of all things tweens and teens adore. From clothing labels including Roxy, Quiksilver, and DC Apparel to an electronic games and accessories outpost alive with a DJ station and Wii game area, this is not the average teen clothing store.
The Pool and Sports Zone
· Breeze – An open-air shop located on the pool deck, Breeze is conveniently stocked with all the fun-in-the-sun must haves that make for a perfect lazy, or not-so-lazy, day in the sun. Light reads, sunglasses, tote bags, and sun care products are all offered here.