Launching in December 2009, Oasis of the Seas will set the stage for Royal Caribbean International’s culinary innovations. The world’s most revolutionary cruise ship will offer guests more variety and flexibility than ever before, thanks to 24 distinct dining experiences, ranging from an exclusive signature restaurant, to neighborhood-specific themed venues and new twists on the global brand’s traditions.
“Oasis of the Seas showcases the evolution of Royal Caribbean dining,” said Adam Goldstein, president and CEO, Royal Caribbean International. “Both the new concepts and the established Royal Caribbean offerings found throughout the neighborhoods are designed to meet contemporary dining standards, cater to individual preferences and schedules and foster epicurean curiosity. With so many options, guests could choose a new place to dine for every meal.”
Fleetwide, Royal Caribbean strives to deliver the best dining experience possible by continuously developing innovative programs and upholding the highest culinary standards. As guests expectations continue to rise, the global cruise line introduces new elements of variety and flexibility, such as My Time Dining and My Family Time Dining. In addition, Royal Caribbean trains and certifies all culinary chefs through the American Culinary Federation’s accredited education program and implements U.S. training standards of safe alcohol service.
From breakfast to late night snacks, guest’s onboard Oasis of the Seas can find an extensive variety of food and beverage offerings, available at no extra charge, that will satisfy any craving, providing more options for breakfast, lunch and dinner than Royal Caribbean guests have ever had before. For additional convenience, dinner reservations can be made in advance through new features on www.royalcaribbean.com starting July 7, 2009. Let the culinary festival begin with the following highlights of the food and beverage offerings onboard Oasis of the Seas:
· 150 Central Park – The most exclusive dining venue on Oasis of the Seas, 150 Central Park will provide an intimate dining experience that will combine leading-edge cuisine with modern design, creating a trendy upscale ambiance. Signature features will include a tasting menu with customized wine pairings. Open for dinner; $35 cover charge.
§ Giovanni’s Table – This Tuscan countryside influenced trattoria will be a more-accessible, casual Italian restaurant featuring both indoor and al fresco seating. Giovanni’s Table will offer rustic dishes with a contemporary flair, including toasted herbal breads, pizzas, salads, pastas, Italian sandwiches, braised meat dishes and stews, all served family-style. Open for lunch and dinner; $10 lunch and $15 dinner cover charge.
· Park Café – A casual dining choice providing a high level of variety and flexibility, Park Café will be an indoor/outdoor gourmet market with walk-up counters. From freshly prepared salads and made-to-order sandwiches, to paninis, crepes and hearty soups, guests will order directly from the chefs behind food stations. European pastries, sublime chocolates and decadent fudge will round out the offerings. Open for breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner and late night treats.
· Vintages – Always a popular hot spot for Royal Caribbean guests on Voyager- and Freedom-class ships, the Vintages wine bar will evolve into a larger space on Oasis of the Seas. Great for a pre-dinner rendezvous, Vintages will provide a selection of cheeses and a broad tapas menu to accompany a robust selection of fine wines, from a tropical white Riesling to a mocha-inflected Merlot. Open for lunch and dinner; á la carte pricing.
· Chops Grille – Continuing the tradition, Royal Caribbean’s popular signature steakhouse will offer premium cut, quality meats. Guests can choose to enjoy the upscale, contemporary setting indoors with views of Central Park or al fresco. Open for dinner; $25 cover charge.
· Seafood Shack – The indoor/outdoor casual family restaurant will bring the surf style of beach side amusement parks to the Boardwalk, serving a variety of seafood, as well an extensive beverage menu of non-alcoholic cocktails and over-sized desserts. Open for lunch and dinner; $7.95 lunch and $9.95 dinner cover charge.
· Boardwalk Bar – The main bar in the Boardwalk will offer on-the-go snacks and a variety of pre-packaged sandwiches, fruit and salads. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
· Donut Shop – Guests can stop into the classically styled shop for a casual snack any time of day. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
· Ice Cream Parlor – The 1950’s styled ice cream venue will display classic sundaes and a variety of ice cream flavors and toppings to choose from and then mixed-to-order on a frozen slab. Open throughout the day; á la carte pricing.
· Johnny Rockets – Extending the signature “eat-ertainment” hours, a diner breakfast menu will be introduced. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner; $3.95 breakfast and $4.95 lunch and dinner cover charge.
The Royal Promenade
· Mondo Cafe – This new addition to the Royal Promenade will feature coffee, sandwiches and pastries native to countries such as Italy, Spain and Cuba. Steps from Boleros and open around the clock, it is sure to be popular after an evening on the dance floor. Open for breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner and late night treats.
· Sorrento’s Pizzeria – The New York style pizzeria will feature a more extensive menu with made-to-order pizza pies and slices, in addition to the ready-made selections introduced with the Freedom-class ships. Open for lunch, dinner and late night snacks.
· Café Promenade – Located on the opposite end of the Royal Promenade from the Mondo Cafe, the popular café will continue serving Seattle’s Best Coffee, fruit shakes, pastries and sandwiches throughout the day and night. Open 24 hours; á la carte pricing.
The Pool and Sports Zone
· Solarium Bistro – Located in the Solariumthe contemporary bistro will offer health-conscious dining for breakfast and lunch in a casual setting. In the evenings, Solarium Bistro will transform into a romantic and intimate dining setting for specialty healthy-fare dinner and dancing under the stars. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner; dinner has a $20 cover charge.
· The Wipe Out Café – The casual self-service buffet will offer a variety of options from pizza, hamburgers, sandwiches and fresh salads to quick snacks and desserts, for young cruisers on-the-go. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center
· The Vitality Café – Located at the entrance of the Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center, the Vitality Café will feature healthy snacks, sandwiches, wraps and fruit, in addition to refreshing juices and smoothies from the Vitality spa menu for the calorie conscious guest. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
New Twists on Fleet Fixtures
· Opus Dining Room – The three-level main dining room will revive the grandeur of the 1920s and feature French art deco design. Catering to guests’ varying preferences, the newly introduced My Time Dining and My Family Time Dining, as well as the traditional main and late seating options will be offered. My Time Dining provides guests with the option to enjoy the dining room ambiance with Royal Caribbean’s renowned Gold Anchor Service whenever they wish during dining hours. Guests choosing My Time Dining will not have a pre-assigned table, but will be seated in the ships main dining room and will order from the same traditional dinner menu. My Time Dining guests can make daily reservations for specific seating times or choose to walk in. My Family Time Dining accommodates parents and children by offering an expedited 40-minute dining service for young cruisers, ages 3-11. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
· Windjammer Marketplace – Offering the utmost flexibility for breakfast, lunch and dinner, this next generation of the brand staple will feature multiple islands, each serving a variety casual buffet fare.
· Izumi – The new Asian cuisine restaurant will feature a sushi bar and hot rock cooking, as well as other Asian fare in a more formal setting. Open for lunch and dinner; á la carte pricing.
· In-Stateroom Service – Guests wanting to enjoy a meal in the comfort of their staterooms will be able to choose from the complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner menus, as well as the recently introduced Dine in Delights menu, which offers name-brand culinary options ranging from the Original Johnny Rockets hamburger to Ghirardelli Chocolate Cookies. Open 24 hours; á la carte pricing for Dine In Delights and $3.95 service charge for in-room deliveries between 12:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m.