Windstar Cruises, which operates a three-ship fleet of luxury yachts that explore hidden harbors and secluded coves of the world’s most treasured destinations, launches its exclusive Concierge Collection of Shore Excursions designed to appeal to guests who are looking for extraordinary experiences in Europe.
“We designed Windstar’s Concierge Collection to appeal to our discerning guests who are looking for exclusive, unique excursions that celebrate the destinations we visit in a special way,” said Diane Moore, president, Windstar Cruises.
Windstar offers 28 Concierge Collection excursions in Corsica, Croatia, Greece, France, Italy, Monaco, Slovenia and Spain and are limited to small groups of 6 to 25 guests. The excursions are priced from $109 to $2,299 per person and can be booked in advance at www.windstarcruises.com.
The new excursions feature air and sea adventures, private tours and food and wine experiences and include:
• Helicopter Tour of Prunelli Gorges in Ajaccio, Corsica: Incredible opportunity to fly over one of the Mediterranean’s most beautiful islands and Prunelli Gorges;
• Gulf of Ajaccio Helicopter Flightseeing: Dramatic views from a helicopter of the Gulf of Ajaccio and Sanguinaries—the Blood Islands;
• Panoramic Helicopter Flightseeing in Cannes, France: Soar in a helicopter above the shimmering Côte d’ Azur and stunning Cannes;
• Roman Holiday Tour in Rome, Italy: Visit famous landmarks immortalized by Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck in the movie “Roman Holiday;”
• Private Vatican Tour in Rome, Italy: View the Pope’s private chapel, beautiful Vatican Museums, art masterpieces, Etruscan jewels and St. Peter’s treasure;
• Cofu, Greece by Sea Plane: Breathtaking seaplane flight around the island of Corfu and coastline followed by refreshments;
• Underground Cave Trekking in Koper, Slovenia: Explore the region’s subterranean cave system in Koper;
• Málaga, Spain by Segway: A guided tour of Málaga by Segway;
• Scuba Diving at the Rock of Scilla in Italy: Scuba dive at the Bay of Scilla and see two parallel spines of rocks, soft coral, barracudas and sting rays;
• Cooking Class at Moulin de Mougins in Monte Carlo, Monaco: Learn a dish and menu from the world renowned cooking school at Moulin de Mougins;
• Panoramic Helicopter Flight over Monte Carlo, Monaco: Take an exceptional airborne adventure over stunning Monaco, the Prince’s Palace, route of the Grand Prix and surrounding coastline;
• Camogli and San Fruttuoso by Private Speedboat in Portofino, Italy: Intimately explore history and culture of the Italian Coast by private speedboat stopping at San Fruttuoso and Camogli;
• Portovenere, Italy at Sunset by Private Boat: View the beautiful islands of Palmaria, Tino and Tinetto at sunset by private boat;
• Cinque Terre by Private Boat: Cruise past Via dell’Amore, Manarola and Corniglia in a private boat before disembarking for a walking tour of Riomaggiore;
• Historic Rhodes, Greece and Private Wine Tasting: Enjoy a scenic tour of Rhodes before visiting a local wine factory for wine tasting;
• Cruise the Split Riviera in Croatia by Private Speedboat: A private guide will take guests on a scenic cruise to nearby islands;
• Mt. Etna Helicopter Adventure in Taormina, Italy: Soar over Sicily and dramatic Mt. Etna in a helicopter and after landing tour Taormina and lunch at the Five-Star De Luxe Hotel Grand Timeo;
• Spa and Wine Tasting Tour in Tarragona, Spain: Relax and enjoy a multitude of thermal-water environments including Turkish Baths and Greco-Roman Hydro-Massage Baths before touring Buil & Giné Cellars and wine tasting.