Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines’ Balmoral will be starting her second cruise season from the Port of Tyne, Newcastle, with a fully-booked five-night‘Norwegian Fjords sailing on May 25, according to a statement from the cruise line..
The 1,350-guest Balmoral will be setting sail on a total of 13 voyages from Newcastle in 2017 – an increase on the 11 departures offered in 2016.
Clare Ward, Director of Product and Customer Services for Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, said:
“We are very excited to be basing Balmoral in Newcastle for her second cruise season, from May to September 2017, as it means that we are able to offer our loyal guests in the North East an even greater number of cruise departures than ever before, with a choice of 13 in total.
“Fred. Olsen has over 100 years of heritage in running passenger services from the Port of Tyne, and has been operating regular cruise calls from Newcastle since 2006. Since then, Fred. Olsen has seen bookings departing from the Port of Tyne soar, with our Norwegian Fjords cruises selling out in record time.
“The Port of Tyne is ideally placed for our ever-popular Norway, Scandinavian and Baltic itineraries, and we can save up to three days’ cruising time sailing from Newcastle to Norway than from Southern ports.”
Nolan Gray, Port of Tyne Business Development Director, said:
“It is great to see Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines return with Balmoral and we hope that the continued success of our cruise operations continues to positively impact the economy.”