Costa Cruises has released the 10th edition of its Sustainability Report.
The main results for 2015 were (year-on-year % reduction):
• 3% decrease in fuel consumption per passenger day
• 2.3 % reduction in the company’s carbon footprint
• emission reductions: 11% in SOx and 3% in NOx and PMs
• installation on 7 ships of ECO Exhaust Gas Cleaning
• 4.8 % reduction in energy consumption
• 100% of shipboard waste collected and separated for disposal and recycling
• 69% of the water required was produced directly onboard, 7% increase over 2014
The 2015 Sustainability Report was audited by Price Waterhouse Coopers.
The Report can be downloaded in the “Sustainability” section of the Costa Cruises website at: www.costacruise.com/sustainability.