Ten new ships will be delivered in 2016, according to the Cruise Industry News Cruise Ship Orderbook.
- AIDA Cruises | AIDAprima
- Holland America Line | Koningsdam
- Viking Ocean | Viking Sea
- Carnival Cruise Line | Vista
- Royal Caribbean International | Harmony
- Royal Caribbean International | Ovation
- TUI Cruises | Mein Schiff 5
- Regent | Explorer
- Dream Cruises | Genting Dream
- Seabourn | Encore
Fincantieri has the lion’s share of the deliveries in 2016, with five newbuilds, while Mitsubishi and STX France each have a single build, Meyer Werft two ships and Meyer Turku one.
A full history of annual orderbooks, showing trends and ships on order annually from 1988 onwards, is Cruise Industry News’ Cruise Ship Orderbook Report.
Class of 2016 By the Numbers
- Average Tonnage: 114,198
- Average Cost: $779 Million
- Average Passenger Capacity: 2,755 Passengers
- Biggest Ship: Harmony of the Seas, 227,625 Tons
- Smallest Ship: Seabourn Encore, 40,350 Tons