Carnival Cruise Lines has rolled out an exciting enhancement to its travel agent Web portal designed to provide travel agents with a convenient means of managing their group bookings electronically.
Through the new tool, available within BookCCL.com and other electronic channels supported by Carnival, travel agents can perform a host of functions that previously had to be done over the phone through the line’s group reservations department. These include:
· Berth group cabins and select/modify cabin assignments
· Select/modify specific cabin requirements for guests such as selecting interior, ocean view or balcony accommodations
· Enter/modify guest detail information
§ Assign/modify cities for FlyAweigh air supplements
· Submit cruise payment information by posting a credit card payment or a check number
· Assign/modify pre- and post-cruise land packages
§ Assign pre-paid gratuities and/or Carnival’s Vacation Protection Plan
· View or request cabin level account summary
Sailings effective September 1, 2008, and beyond are accessible through BookCCL.com for agents to manage their group cabins.
“Group bookings represent a significant portion of Carnival’s business and our new BookCCL.com group tool provides travel agents with ‘24/7’ access to manage their group business, while enhancing their service levels to their clients,” said Cherie Weinstein, Carnival’s vice president - group sales and administration.
Agent tutorials are available on BookCCL.com for agents to learn at their own pace. Tutorials include basic BookCCL.com functionality and the new group cabin management feature.