Crystal Cruises is vastly expanding its presence in the exotic ports of China, Japan, Thailand, Singapore, Vietnam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar and Brunei next year.
With a choice of 34 voyages (vs. just four in 2012), the five- to 29-day luxury Asia cruises offer a host of itinerary firsts and varied options, as well as tremendous added value, including a brand new 2-for-1 airfare bonus for select Crystal Symphony Asia cruises and Book Now bonus savings of up to $2,500 per person for bookings made by August 30, 2013.
New for Crystal’s 2014 Asia season include:
• Two ships in the region – Both the award-winning Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity will be sailing the region in winter, spring and fall 2014.
• New itineraries – Brand new routes include Crystal’s first-ever cruises that begin and/or end in Bangkok and a two-week voyage round-trip from Singapore. Bali, introduced as a “turnaround” port in 2013, begins or ends four cruises in 2014 (vs two in 2013).
• New destinations – Crystal will make maiden visits to Malacca, Malaysia; Lombok, Makassar/Ujung Pandang and Surabaya, Indonesia.
• Return to less visited locales – The expanded menu of itineraries features calls in ports visited infrequently or not in several years, including returns to Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei; Jakarta and Komodo Island, Indonesia; Yangon, Myanmar; Koh Samui, Thailand; Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; and Okinawa and Tokyo, Japan.
• China & Japan Focus – For the first time in five years, two voyages will explore more of Japan, as well as China, such as Crystal Serenity’s Crystal Symphony’s Beijing-Tokyo voyage with Osaka, Nagasaki, and Shimizu, Japan; Shanghai and Dalian, China; and a complimentary Beijing land package.
• Christmas/New Year Options – A brand new holiday cruise, round-trip Bangkok, celebrates New Year’s Eve with a spectacular light show in Hong Kong. Guests can extend their vacation with a preceding voyage beginning in Bali, without repeating ports.
• Shorter Vacation Options – Shorter Crystal Getaways offer new Asia cruises for as little as five days – starting at just $1,520 per person.
• More overnights and port time – Every 2014 Crystal Asia voyage features at least two overnight stays, with most also offering one or more two-night stays in rich destinations like Hong Kong, Ho Chi Minh City, Yangon and Shanghai.
• UNESCO World Heritage Sites – Throughout the region, rich shore-side excursions visit sacred and revered sites.