Norwegian Cruise Line has named Wilmington, Massachusetts-based World Travel Holdings (WTH), which includes CruiseOne and Cruises Inc., Elite Agency of the Year for the second year in a row. World Travel Holdings was chosen for their continued commitment to the success of Norwegian, their overall revenue, year-over-year growth and loyalty to Norwegian’s brand. The agency is also a member of the line’s President’s Club Elite comprised of the top performing travel partners.
Norwegian also recognized the following travel partners in five categories:
• Home-Based Partner of the Year: Avoya Travel/American Express of Miami, FL;
• Franchise Partner of the Year: Cruise Planners/American Express of Coral Springs, FL;
• Online Travel Partner of the Year: Expedia Inc. of Bellevue, WA;
• Retail Travel Agency of the Year: Expedia CruiseShipCenters of Vancouver, BC;
• Consortia Partner of the Year: Virtuoso of Ft. Worth, TX.
“Congratulations to our top travel partners and to all our partners for their support and dedication to our brand,“ said Kevin Sheehan, Norwegian Cruise Line’s chief executive officer. “Our relationship with travel partners is at the core of all that we do and, through Partners First, we remain focused on continuously strengthening our commitment to the travel partner community."
As part of the award, World Travel Holdings receives the opportunity to sail in one of Norwegian’s 5,000 square-foot Garden Villas, the largest and most luxurious accommodations at sea, located in the exclusive Haven by Norwegian at the top of the ship on Norwegian Gem, Pearl, Jade and Jewel.
All of the other winners will receive a cruise for two in a balcony stateroom onboard Norwegian Epic, the company’s most innovative ship to date.