The inaugural season itineraries for Oceania Cruises’ new Riviera have been announced and travelers who book by Aug. 31 will receive a free hotel stay and bonus savings of up to $3,000 per stateroom. Fares begin at $1,999 per guest and include free round-trip Economy Class air from 22 North American cities.
From April 14 through Nov. 29, 2012, Riviera offers 13 distinctive itineraries on a total of 21 voyages, calling on ports in France, Italy, Greece, Spain, Portugal and Turkey as well as Israel, Croatia, Cyprus, Montenegro, Morocco and Monaco.
Oceania Cruises’ 1,250-guest Riviera has been designed for epicureans and features 10 dining venues – six of which are open-seating, gourmet restaurants – including a French bistro by Master Chef Jacques Pépin. Facilities also include a Canyon Ranch SpaClub® and Bon Appétit Culinary Center and Artist Loft enrichment center. Interior design highlights include a Lalique-designed grand staircase, elegant public rooms, spacious accommodations and Owner’s Suites furnished exclusively in Ralph Lauren Home.
“We are delighted to introduce Riviera as part of our 2012 European Collection,” said Bruce Himelstein, the line’s president. “While we are seeing tremendous booking interest from our loyal past guests, there is still an opportunity for savvy consumers to take advantage of the free hotel stay and bonus savings offer.”
- Riviera Showcases Best of the Mediterranean -
• Riviera’s maiden voyage, departing April 14, is a 10-day Mediterranean Tapestry cruise from Barcelona to Piraeus (Athens). Ports include Marseille (Provence), Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Civitavecchia (Rome), Taormina and Amalfi/Positano, as well as Kusadasi (Ephesus) and Santorini.
• From Piraeus Riviera operates a 12-day Ancient Grandeur itinerary, departing April 24. Ports include Alexandria and Port Said, Egypt; Haifa (overnight) and Ashdod (Jerusalem), Israel; Rhodes, Patmos and Kusadasi before ending in Istanbul.
• On May 6, Riviera departs Istanbul on a 10-day Greek Glory voyage, call at Mitilini, Greece; Kusadasi, Mykonos and Piraeus before visiting Cephalonia (Argostoli), Greece – a maiden call for Oceania Cruises. Additional ports include Corfu, Dubrovnik, Split and Venice (overnight). The cruise is repeated, departing Aug. 3.
• Pearls of the Aegean, May 16, includes an overnight aboard ship in Venice before visiting Dubrovnik, Kotor, Corfu, Monemvasia, Aghios Nikolaos, Santorini, Kusadasi, Delos and Mykonos before ending in Piraeus. This itinerary is repeated Oct. 4.
• The 10-day Mediterranean Tapestry departs May 26 from Piraeus. Ports include Santorini and Kusadasi, Taormina, Amalfi/Positano, Civitavecchia, Livorno (overnight) and Marseille, before arriving in Barcelona.
• Riviera’s 12-day Exotic Lands begins June 5 in Barcelona and visits Mallorca, Valencia and Motril (Granada) – a maiden call for Oceania, Madeira, La Palma (maiden call) and Lanzarote, both in the Canary Islands; two ports in Morocco, and Cadiz (Seville) before Lisbon, where the cruise ends. The voyage is repeated Sept. 2.
• From Lisbon, Riviera embarks on a 10-day Iberian Odyssey visiting Casablanca and Gibraltar before heading to the Spanish ports: Motril, Valencia and Barcelona, where the ship remains overnight. The voyage continues to Marseille, Monte Carlo, Livorno and Civitavecchia. This itinerary is repeated Sept. 14.
• Accent on Italy is a 10-day cruise, departing June 27, from Civitavecchia to Monte Carlo, La Spezia (Cinque Terre), Livorno, Amalfi/Positano and Taormina. Additional ports include Corfu, Kotor, Dubrovnik and Venice (overnight). This itinerary is repeated Sept. 24 and Oct. 24 and operated in reverse Aug. 13.
• The 12-day Radiant Riviera, departing July 7, showcases the vessel’s namesake region. An overnight onboard in Venice is the prelude for calls at Dubrovnik, Corfu, Taormina, Sorrento/Capri, Civitavecchia and Livorno. Riviera highlights include Portofino, Monte Carlo, Saint-Tropez and Marseille prior to concluding in Barcelona.
• A 15-day Lands of Time, July 19, features overnights in Haifa and Istanbul. Beginning in Barcelona, Riviera cruises the Mediterranean before calling at La Goulette, Malta, Aghios Nikolaos, Alexandria, Port Said (Cairo), Ashdod (Jerusalem), Haifa, Limassol on the island of Cyprus, Rhodes, and Kusadasi before making her way to Istanbul.
• On August 23, Riviera explores the Azure Coasts on a 10-day itinerary which begins in Civitavecchia and visits Sorrento/Capri, Amalfi/Positano, Livorno, Portofino, Monte Carlo, Saint-Tropez, Marseille, Ibiza and Barcelona (overnight).
• Riviera next departs Piraeus on a 10-day Enchanted Grandeur cruise, departing Oct. 14, visits Kusadasi, Monemvasia, Argostoli, Messina, Sorrento/Capri and Livorno. The ship continues to Monte Carlo before ending in Civitavecchia.
• Rivera’s Europe season concludes with a 12-day Mediterranean Medley, departing Nov. 3 from Venice that calls at Dubrovnik, Corfu, Messina, Sorrento/Capri, Civitavecchia, Livorno (two days), Monte Carlo, Marseille, and Barcelona (overnight).