In record-setting fashion, Crystal Cruises has posted on its website more than 300 Adventure shore excursions for its January 18-April 21, 2012 World Cruise, more than a year in advance of sailing. This is not only the earliest that top-rated Crystal has ever made its World Cruise excursion options available to guests, but also the earliest any cruise line has ever made them available—by months. Fully-paid guests can pre-book their selections through Crystal’s Priority Check-in and Planning Center online immediately.
“We’re setting a new bar,” says John Stoll, vice president, land and port operations. “Travelers can reserve now, or just dream about where they want to go. Inspiration and convenience -- classic values of Crystal’s Six-Star Service.”
Boutique escapades include:
• Cuddling koalas or sipping wine at Australia’s top viticulture capitals
• Biking past sacred temples in Bali
• Exploring Osaka’s Geisha district or making sushi in Japan
• Flying over volcanoes or gorging on borsch near Petropavlovsk, Russia
• Diving off Asia’s most extreme zipline in Singapore
• Drinking high tea or learning Chinese cooking in Hong Kong
• Fishing for halibut in, or motorcycling across, Alaska
• Hiking to Hawaii’s waterfalls
• Watching whales or ambling cobblestone walkways in British Columbia
Consisting of 35 ports-of-call, spanning five segments ranging from 16 to 22 days in length, the complete “Epic Islands and Empires” World Cruise lasts 94 days, with the Crystal Serenity sailing round-trip from Los Angeles on Crystal Serenity through the South Pacific, Australia, Asia (including Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, China, and Japan), Russia, Alaska, and Canada.