· The 11-day "Climate Voyage" follows in the traditions of explorer Fridtjof Nansen and makes an inaugural stop in Jan Mayen, one of the world's most isolated islands. Focusing on the effect of climate changes on wildlife means visits to research stations, wildlife tracking, participating in field studies and meeting with some of the field's top research scientists. Highlights include Norway's Tromsø; Honningsvag, Europe's northernmost city; and a stop in Gjesvaerstappen, a unique birding cliff and site of seabird studies. The July 21 departure is priced from $3,010.
· "Polar Encounters" is a five-day voyage along the historically rich north coast of Spitsbergen, where rare wildlife roam a landscape of breathtaking fjords, gigantic glaciers and staggering mountain peaks. The trip includes unparalleled views of "The Seven Glaciers," the piercing towers of the "Three Crowns" and the large walrus colonies of Moffen Island, with stops at North West Spitsbergen National Park and Ny-Alesund. There are eight summer departures with rates from $2,907.
· The "Svalbard Explorer" is a nine-day adventure that takes in the entire west coast of Spitsbergen up to the 80th parallel. The route allows guests rare glimpses of beautiful fjords such as Hornsund Fjord, Magdalenefjord and Krossfjord; Bear Island with its famous cliff Stappen; guided walks in Ny-Alesund, the world's northernmost settlement; and time at the fringe of the North Pole ice edge. Fares for the two August departures begin at $5,023.
· The new 13-day "Polar Bears, Islands and Fjords" itinerary encompasses some of the most impressive sights in Norway and Svalbard, from the ice blue fjords and dramatic peaks of the Lyngen Alps to the colorful coastal town of Alesund, renowned for its Art Nouveau architecture. Guests can enjoy a folklore show in Barentsburg, visit the former mining town of Ny-Alesund and experience Norway's bustling capital of Bergen. The trip is priced from $4,639 and departs Sept. 7.
· The 11-day "Classic Norway and Spitsbergen" provides a unique combination of two spectacular Hurtigruten itineraries: the classic Coastal Voyage between Bergen and Kirkenes and a round-trip voyage to the frozen landscapes of Spitsbergen. Available optional excursions include a Glacier Adventure or Saltstraumen Safari in the modern town of Bodø, and visits to the medieval Nidaros Cathedral or Ringve Music Museum in Trondheim. Rates for the four summer departures begin at $4,538.
· The nine-day "Kingdom of the Polar Bear" is focused on these rarely seen Arctic animals. Guests explore the main siting regions of northern and eastern Spitsbergen. Aside from a day in Longyearbyen, the itinerary also takes in Ny-Alesund; several fjords, including Magdalenefjord, Smeerenburgfjord, Woodfjord and Icrfjord; Hinlopen Strait; and the bird cliffs of Alkefjelle; and makes numerous exploration landings along the way. The 11 summer departures are priced from $5,777.
All Spitsbergen itineraries include daily lectures from onboard naturalist guides, expedition leaders and Zodiac landings, all meals aboard and some on land, cabin category selected, transfers and port charges. Round-trip flights from New York via Oslo are available as are add-on airfares from dozens of other North American cities; optional excursions, gratuities, and fuel surcharges and taxes are additional.