Five ships, taking in 177 ports in 55 countries, with 95 separate holidays to choose from, the new 2011/12 world cruise programme from P&O Cruises is its most expansive ever.
World cruise expert P&O Cruises is offering five world cruises, 18 line voyages and 72 shorter cruise holidays, departing in 2011 and 2012. The 2011/12 world cruise brochure will be available on line at www.pocruises.co.uk or via travel agents and will be on sale from Thursday July 15 2010.
• Arcadia, 72-night Grand Alaska Adventure departs Tuesday April 12 2011
• Adonia, 87-night South America Grand Adventure departs Friday January 13 2012
• Arcadia, 109-night Grand Odyssey departs Monday January 9 2012
• Aurora, 98-night westabout full world circumnavigation departs Wednesday January 4 2012
• Oriana, 97-night eastabout full world circumnavigation departs Thursday January 5 2012
P&O Cruises managing director, Carol Marlow said: “A world cruise is the ultimate holiday experience and this programme has more opportunities to see the world than ever before. Our world cruises are perennially popular with mature passengers who want to see the world in style and sectors (part of each itinerary) are increasingly popular with those taking a sabbatical from work or embarking on the ever fashionable ‘grown up gap year’. A full world cruise is also a wonderful way to see the world without having to step foot in an airport.
“There are 95 cruise options ranging from 15 to 109-nights in duration so a world cruise is no longer just for the rich and retired. These itineraries give everyone an opportunity to see the world, from experienced cruisers to those taking a cruise holiday for the very first time or simply those who want to experience the ‘must-see’ cities or go off the beaten track to smaller exotic ports of call.”
Adonia, the newest and smallest ship in the fleet, will embark on an 87-night adventure with a full circumnavigation of South America via the Caribbean and returning via the Panama Canal. Adonia will visit 37 ports in 17 countries, including three new destinations Georgetown, Guyana; Salaverry, Peru and Chacabuco, Chile. Highlights include:
• Overnight stays in Manaus, Amazon; Buenos Aires; and New Orleans
• Scenic cruising in the Amazon, Cape Horn, Beagle Channel, Amalia Glacier, PIO X Glacier and through the Panama Canal.
• 17 shorter cruises including a 17-night cruise holiday from New Orleans to Southampton. Six ports of call including Key West, Florida; Port Everglades, Florida and Half Moon Cay, Bahamas. Prices start from £1,829*
• Prices for full cruise start from £7,999*
Arcadia will be embarking on an east-west 109-night world cruise visiting the Far East and Australasia, and returning via South Africa. Arcadia will visit 41 ports in 24 countries. Highlights include:
• Two overnights in Cape Town, South Africa with the option of an overland safari
• Beijing and Great Wall of China
• Visit to Aqaba, Jordan for visit to Petra
• 25 shorter cruises including a 17-night cruise holiday from Sydney to Singapore with five ports of call including Melbourne, Australia; Fremantle, Australia and Bali. Prices start from £1,399*
• Prices for full cruise start from £9,449*
Aurora will be departing on a 98-night westabout full world circumnavigation cruise taking in the United States, Far East and Australasia via the Panama Canal and the Caribbean and then returning via Dubai and the Suez Canal. Aurora will visit 38 ports in 23 countries including a new destination for P&O Cruises, Abu Dhabi. Highlights include:
• Four cruise holidays departing from Sydney to the Far East
• Overnight stays in San Francisco, Dubai and Istanbul
• 19 shorter cruises including San Francisco to Sydney 22-night cruise holiday with eight ports of call including Honolulu, Pago Pago and Auckland. Prices start from £2,049*
• Prices for full cruise start from £8,199*
Oriana will be taking the opposite direction from Aurora on a 97-night eastabout full world circumnavigation cruise and will be taking in different ports of call. This cruise will visit the Far East via the Suez Canal, before taking in Australasia and the United States returning home via the Panama Canal and the Caribbean. Oriana will visit 32 ports in 20 countries including both north and south islands of New Zealand. Highlights include:
• Overnights in Sydney and San Francisco
• Four Australian ports - Sydney, Darwin, Brisbane and the Whitsunday Islands.
• Calls to Tahiti, French Polynesia and Hong Kong
• 21 shorter cruises including Dubai to Hong Kong 17-night cruise holiday with ports of call including Mumbai, India; Singapore and Phu My, Vietnam. Prices start from £1,444*
• Prices for full cruise start from £7,999*
P&O Cruises will sail to Alaska for the first time in over 40 years with a 72-night Grand Alaska Adventure departing April 12, 2011.
The only Alaskan cruise departing from the UK, Arcadia offers nine holiday options including a full 72-night cruise departing from and returning to Southampton, a 44-night cruise holiday from Southampton to Los Angeles and a 45-night cruise from San Francisco to Southampton. Arcadia will visit 34 ports in 13 countries. Highlights include:
• The only no fly cruise to Alaska from the UK
• Visits to ‘classic’ Alaskan ports as well as some lesser known ports for passengers to explore
• Calls to some of the most exciting and vibrant cities in the world – New York, LA, San Francisco and Vancouver.
• This cruise is currently available to book
For more information or to request a copy of the brochure call P&O Cruises on 0845 3 555 333, visit www.pocruises.co.uk or see your local travel agent.