Veteran wardrobe stylists and designers will host a complimentary “Style Desk” aboard Crystal Cruises’ new “Sun, Sea and Euro-Style” sailing this fall. Crystal’s Experiences of Discovery program promises an experience to remember as fashion experts offer one-on-one consultations, answer fashion dilemmas and help travelers enhance their own personal sense of style. Setting the stage for the ultra-luxury line’s new Fashion & Style cruise is Crystal Serenity’s 12-day Mediterranean itinerary from Venice to Barcelona on October 20.
Stylist/costume designer Anna Wycoff and designer Gayle Davis will also provide an insider’s look at the fashion world, with a strong emphasis on European style. The team will present a colorful look at the evolution of European fashion and cinema costuming, culminating in a fanciful afternoon tea themed with a 1950’s vintage fashion show.
Fashionable highlights of the voyage include:
* Fashion & Style Desk – Stylists offer personal consultations to perfect your look.
* Personal Style – Embracing Authenticity as a Virtue – From Bardot to Bogart: A discussion of signature styles.
* European Cinema Costuming – Learn how costumes enhance a film's story, and examine iconic characters from films like La Dolce Vita and Roman Holiday set in the ship’s destinations.
* A European Fashion Evolution – Explore the 1950’s to 60’s, when a radical ready-to-wear European revolution replaced manicured couture.
* Fashion Show Tea – “Riviera Rendezvous,” a vintage fashion show created exclusively for Crystal guests.
Anna Wyckoff is a Los Angeles-based costume designer and personal wardrobe stylist who has styled runway shows on both coasts. Gayle Davis is the co-owner of the M Stevens dancewear company who also custom designs and styles under her own label.
“The Mediterranean provides a chic backdrop to an insightful look at memorable European fashion,” says Christopher Escamilla, Crystal’s entertainment coordinator. “Always open and accessible, with infectious enthusiasm, Anna and Gayle are fashion cheerleaders for men and women.”
The 12-day cruise visits Venice, Dubrovnik, Catania, Civitavecchia/Rome, Livorno/Florence, Monte Carlo and Barcelona. With Celebration Savings of up to $1,500 per person, fares start at $4,515, per person, double occupancy, plus $1,000 All Inclusive – As You Wish onboard spending credits.