MSC Cruises and PortMiami today celebrated the start of construction of cruise Terminal F at PortMiami.
The project will "not only rejuvenate and update the existing terminal to provide new contemporary amenities," but will also expand the terminal through the construction of a new uilding in order to house both MSC Cruises’ next-generation cruise ship MSC Seaside, as well as MSC Divina, which is currently sailing year-round from Terminal F at PortMiami, according to a release from MSC Cruises.
“This is a very exciting time for MSC Cruises as we continue our expansion in the North American market. From working together with Miami-Dade County to provide a truly world-class experience for cruisers at Terminal F to committing our second and most innovative ship yet to the U.S. market, we are thrilled for the road ahead,” said Roberto Fusaro, president of MSC Cruises USA. “Today, as we break ground on MSC Seaside’s and MSC Divina’s new home, we are extremely proud to celebrate our ongoing commitment to better serving our guests.”
Along with PortMiami, MSC Cruises has been actively involved in the entire process of designing the new cruise terminal, helping ensure that the newly renovated and expanded terminal will meet the needs of its guests and result in an overall quick and seamless guest experience.
Enhancements to Terminal F at PortMiami will include:
• Significantly expanded waiting area with seating for up to 1,500 guests;
• Expanded and improved VIP private waiting area
• Separate dedicated waiting areas and lines to accommodate MSC Black Card members and guests booked in the Aurea Experience who receive priority embarkation;
• Smoother disembarkation process with a more flexible and efficient baggage claim area; and
• Facility advancements to accommodate the "smart ship technolog" that will be available on MSC Seaside as it relates to the embarkation and disembarkation process.
The terminal, being renovated and expanded by Munilla Construction Management (MCM) is expected to be ready by December 1, 2017, just prior to MSC Seaside’s arrival in PortMiami on December 21, 2017.